5.

Tashvi shuddered as she heard the clicking sound of the door indicating her husband's presence. Her head down she nervously played with her fingers.

Uhmm" Vardhan cleared his throat to break the awkward silence making her look at him.

"Here" he said taking the ring out of his finger and giving it to her making Tashvi frown in confusion.

"Your gift." He clarified.

"This is my ancestral ring passed down to ages." He continued.

She hesitantly accepted the gift. It was beautiful. The beautiful sapphire is enclosed by diamonds. It was priceless. Both emotionally and materialistically.

"Thank you." She murmured and tried to wear the ring. It was too big for her.

" It will not fit. Just keep it in a safe or something." He said noticing her struggle.

"I will go and take a shower, you can change here."  He instructed and left after taking his clothes making her sigh in relief.

Finally, she could breathe. She opened her fist and looked at the ring. His ancestral ring must mean a lot to him. Why would he give something this precious to me? She thought.

She unhooked her gold chain which she was wearing and slid the ring on it. She didn't want to just keep it locked in the cupboard. She wanted it with her all the time. It was the most beautiful gift she had ever got.

Happy with her work she hooked the chain again and was staring at it with a look of admiration when a voice called her

"Are you done? Can I come out?"

"Ye..yeah." She stuttered as he emerged from the washroom making her stand at her place and stare.

"Will you be comfortable sharing the bed?" He asked walking towards her.

She nodded her head and moved towards the washroom.

"Left or right?" He interrupted her movement making her turn around.

"I don't mind." She said and walked away.

She didn't know how this marriage would work. Will there ever be love between them? But she does know there will be respect. Today he may have married her in deceit, fought with her father, and blackmailed him but still, he has given her the amount of respect that nobody else ever has. He has asked for her opinion more times than anyone else ever has.

Today, on their first meet and first night she has gained respect for this person. She respected Vardhan Raghuvanshi, her husband because she knew he respected her too.
__________________________________

There is a short update for y'all as a Diwali gift.

Do let me know how you are finding Tashan so far.

Thank you for reading. Do vote, comment and share.