05

it's 11:25am, and jack has texted me five times trying to make plans for today.

i texted him back and said i'll go to his game tonight, but just because it's opening night.

-

i decide to get ready at around 3:30 so i have time to eat dinner and get starbucks before the game.

i quickly showered so my hair was clean, then went to the kitchen to make myself dinner.

i made a grilled chicken salad because it was easy.

i went to my room and tried to pick out an outfit. i ended up having to ask cece, because i had no idea what to wear. she handed me black leather pants, a read body suit, and a black knitted jacket so i wasn't freezing.

i put on some mascara and concealer, just to cover up those eye bags, and brushed my hair.

i quickly put perfume on before grabbing my purse and phone and practically sprinting to downstairs to wait for my uber.

it was 6:45 when i got to the arena. i went to the bar and grabbed a beer, then made my way to my seat.

i told jack i was buying my ticket, and that i wouldn't come if he bought one for me, so he gave up and let me buy it. i didn't want him going through the trouble of getting me a ticket, considering their pretty expensive and i know he'd put me in the wag box or right behind the bench.
-
messages
jack hughes

milla:
good luck <3

jack:
thank you love
see you after?

milla
yes

jack:
okay i gtg
thank you for coming m

milla:
ofc
wouldnt miss it
don't suck

-
i turn off my phone and put it in my lap, taking a sip of my beer when the lights turn off and the refs come out onto the ice.

the arena is filled with boos, everyone hates the refs somewhere, and i don't know why.

people start cheering loudly, about bursting my ear drums when the devils come out of their locker room and onto the ice .

the first period starts, and eight minutes in, nikita soshnikov, on the new york islanders scores with a wrist shot.

15 minutes in, yegor sharangovocih scores with a wrist shot as well, making the score 1-1.

16 minutes in dougie hamilton scores a tip-in.

devils have the lead, 2-1 at the end of first period.
-
52 seconds in to the second period, jack scores with a snap, making the score 3-1.

the period is quiet until 17 minutes later, erik hauls scores with a wrist shot, making the score 4-1 at the end of the second period.
-
the third period is quiet, neither teams scoring.
but the devils ended up winning 4-1 against the new york islanders.

i make my way down to the locker rooms, because jack had given me a pass so i could see him after the game.

i make my way down there and immediately see him with that annoying smirk on his face.

he walks up to me and engulfs me in a gross hug.

"good job," i say, whispering into his ear.

"thank you love," he says whispering right back.

i hate to say it, but it sends chills right down my spine. what is he doing to me?

he lets out a breathy laugh, clearly noticing what he just did to me.

he breaks the hug, and grabs my hand, walking me to the player parking.

once we were inside his car, he ended the silence, "wanna go back to my place? we can watch a movie?" he says while placing his hand on my thigh.

"sure," i say while looking at him.

we arrived at his house, and he immediately ran to his room to grab me boxers and a sweatshirt so i'm not in these uncomfortable clothes.

i quickly thank'd him and then went to the bathroom to change.

i walked back into the living room and sat next to him and got comfy.

"what should we watch?" he asked, scrolling through movies.

"miracle," i suggested, looking at him with a smirk.

he excitedly clicked play on the movie and scored closer to me, wrapping his arm around my waist. 
-
imessages
cece 🙇‍♀️

cece 🙇‍♀️:
bitch where are you

*send current location*

milla😹:
at a friends
im staying here 4 the night

cece 🙇‍♀️:
who is it
be safe

milla😹:
i will i will
jack hughes

cece 🙇‍♀️:
ahh the bitch in your comments
he's hot good for you

milla😹:
yeah yeah back off cunt

cece 🙇‍♀️:
what're u guys doing rn

milla😹:
watching miracle

cece 🙇‍♀️:
classic
have fun
keep ur loc on

milla😹:
kk
love you

cece 🙇‍♀️:
love you too

-
jacks pov
-
it's around 1:46am right now, and milla is asleep, with her head on my chest.

im contemplating on moving her into my room, i don't want to accidentally wake her up.

i turn off the tv and fold the blankets so i won't get yelled at by ty in the morning.

i carefully pick her up, bridal style, and place her in my bed.

i grab her phone from the couch and plug it in, and grab some water for her in the morning.

i crawl into bed once i get her situated, and she immediately comes over to me, cuddling up to my chest.

-
authors note
this story will mostly be in millas' pov.
but there will
be a couple points where jack comes in.