intro

"what the f-" you almost let a curse escape before you found yourself held captive.

"i'm going to let go now, and you're not going to scream, alright?" his soft voice whispered, and you're surprised you didn't recognise him earlier.

you rolled your eyes and nodded, smacking jungkook's head right after he pulled his hand away from your mouth.

 —   

"jeon jungkook, if you don't tell me what you desperately need from me in two seconds i'm actually going to run you over." you narrow your eyes at the boy and take a sip of the juice he bought you. 

he scoffs, "what do you mean by desperately?"

"desperately, as in, to the point where you had to dramatically kidnap me from a library??"

he clears his throat, waving your question off. "i need a favour."

you tilt your head in question, eyebrow raised.

"be my fake girlfriend?" he asks, unsurely.

"...is that a question?" 

"will you just— pretend to be my girlfriend? it's only for a while. a week, tops!" 

"why and what's in it for me?" you're curious now, and you can't help but wonder why he's asking you for this. 

"you know soyoung?"

you nod, urging him to go on.

"god this is going to sound so immature but— she hasn't noticed me, and i want her to."

"...are you serious?" 

"i'll get you juice everyday for the whole week?"

"a whole month." you negotiate, and he bargains in return. "two weeks."

"three."

"deal." he intertwines his pinkie with yours before adding, "also i know all your secrets, one slip and bye-bye social life!" 

with that, he earns himself another smack to the back of his head.

—   

you hum as you situate yourself on the bed. after a long day, you appreciate the comfort of your bed as you scroll through your twitter feed when you receive a text from a certain doe-eyed boy.

jjk: just a heads up, it starts tmr!!1!

y/n: god, why the hell did i agree to this?

jjk: because you're my best friend and besties help each other out <3

y/n: i can't believe i'm letting u use me 

jjk: i love you bestie <3 

you roll your eyes for the nth time that day, ignoring the crestfallen feeling that erupts at the mention of 'best friend'.

y/n: i guess i have no choice but to love you too, loser