CH 2: Interesting Interactions

Kosuke was an unwavering early riser, accustomed to waking up at 5:30 AM every day. But on this particular morning, his eagerness got the best of him, rousing him even earlier than usual. Despite his attempts to lull himself back to sleep, his body refused to comply. Determined not to waste the extra time, he decided to embark on his customary early morning jog.

His favored route for these morning runs led him to Takoba Municipal Beach, a picturesque shoreline adorned with an abundance of iron from the discarded trash. This unique setting allowed him to incorporate some unconventional morning training. Yet, lately, Kosuke noticed a gradual decline in the trash accumulation, initially piquing his curiosity. However, he eventually figured it must have been some sort of community service, but that didn't dissuade him from continuing his route. He still loved to look out into the ocean from time to time as he ran. 

As he continues his jog, dressed in his grey sweats, Kosuke rounds the corner and is greeted by a breathtaking sight—the morning sunrise reflecting off the water, painting the waves with a warm, orange glow. The once cluttered shoreline is now pristine and immaculate, the waves gently washing over the now crisp and clean sand.

Stepping down the wooden steps onto the warm beach, he comes to a halt just shy of the water's edge. Crouching down, he scoops up a handful of sand, watching it slip through his fingers. 

"I did it, Akihito. I made it into UA... and it's all thanks to you," he says, his thoughts filled with gratitude. Raising his head to gaze at the morning sky, determination fills his eyes. "I'm going to surpass every hero and claim the number one spot, and your quirk will be my greatest asset." He gazes at the sand in his hand. "Your quirk is all I need..."  Soon, he stands up, brushing the sand off his pants before resuming his jog along the water's edge.

As he shifted his gaze away from the serene waters, he caught a familiar sight—a head of striking green hair making its way into view through the corner of his eye. The person was briskly traversing the other end of the beach, heading in Kosuke's direction.

"That boy, I remember him. He's the one I saw during the practical briefing. I wonder if he made it in?"

Kosuke's curiosity was piqued by the peculiar behavior of the green-haired boy. Rather than continuing his jog, the boy suddenly halted and sought refuge behind the nearest rock. From his concealed vantage point, the green-haired boy seemed fixated on Kosuke, who artfully feigned obliviousness.

"Why is he seeking cover behind that rock? Is he scared of me or something? I don't bite..." A small sigh escaped the boy as he realized the time.

He turned and headed towards the stairs that led back up to the pier, "I should probably get going now. I'd like to get there early so I can learn the layout. Even if there's orientation, it never hurts to be prepared ahead of time. Plus, my excitement is getting the best of me; I'm eager to see what it's like inside and explore every corner."

Continuing down the road, something swiftly zipped past him, leaving only a blur in his vision. He couldn't make out the details, but he noticed the man had blonde hair—a strangely familiar sight to Kosuke.

"That man... It couldn't be... -No. Why would someone like him be here at a time like this?"

Suppressing any further speculation, he promptly shook himself out of the brief daze. Time was limited; he needed to hurry home, shower, and grab a bite before heading to school.

After his quick shower, he grabs his UA uniform and throws it on. Hastily attempting to fasten the red tie, he struggles with it for a moment before giving up. With a sigh, he takes a sip of his morning drink and places the empty mug in the sink before turning for the door.