#3

Nitya, Ruhana, and their parents have breakfast amidst chit-chat and banter. Their dads take updates from them, and the girls happily reciprocate. Their moms are adoring the two girls as they discuss their schedule. The sisters have to go shopping. Meanwhile, Anoop’s phone rings, and he’s surprised to hear the caller. He looks at both his daughters and then disconnects the call.

“Kya hua, Dad?” Nitya is the first to question.

“Congratulations, beta. Teri mehnat aur tera idea sach mein rang le aaya hai.” Anoops says as he smears her head.

“Dad, kya hua hai? Maine kya kiya? Business ke liye aap meri behna ko thanks kahiye.” Nitya says.

“Nitu beta, it’s your call. Tumhe yaad hain, 2-3 mahine pehle tum dono ek fashion group ka tender bharna chahti thi?” Anoop looks at both sisters.

“Han, Pearls’ Fashion Hub. Kya hua, papa?” Ruhana chuckles.

“They have approved your tender. They want you to work with them. Unhe tumhare jaise naye, trendy designers chahiye.” Anoop spills the good news.

Nitya and Ruhana share a glance. and hug each other. Yeah, it came as a common idea to both sisters. They had decided to start up a fashion hub together, as both of them are into fashion. Though Ruhana has not studied fashion, she loves to make designs, and the rest is history. She has learned the basics from Nitya. She proposed the idea of a fashion shop, and Nitya loved it. Together, Nitya and Ruhana convinced their dads, and they filled out a tender for an international company. Now, the company wants to work with them.

“They chose us! I hope it’s not a dream!” Nitya exclaims dreamily.

"No! That’s a reality. I told you, it would work. Your designs are amazing. They had no option but to choose us.” Ruhana hugs her sister tightly.

“Yeah, I just can’t believe it. Thanks, Dad.” Nitya hugs him and he asks her to talk with the company and she must finalise the deal.

Nitya decides that she will do the call with Ruhana after they finish their respective work. Their moms congratulate them on their small yet significant victory. Aftermath, they leave for their office; after all, work comes first.

*****
The Singhania Mansion is quite chirpy. Kavya is in the kitchen while her husband is having tea. Vineet and Aniket are in their respective rooms to get ready. Kavya calls them again, as it is already 9 a.m. and both the young lads do not like to get late for work.

“Coming, Maa,” Aniket replies from his room after hearing his mother calling for them.

“Vinu, be quick. We will get late.” Aniket knocks on the door of his brother’s room and calls him by his nickname.

“Boys, be quick! You will be late. Late ho gaye toh Maa ko pareshan nai karna hai.” Kavya shouts from the kitchen.

“Kavya ji, they will come. Aap nashta lagaiye. Aa jaayenge dono.” Ronit says softly.

“Ronit, aap jaante hain na ki late ho gaye toh vo dono kitni nautanki karte hain.” Kavya says it annoyingly.

“Uh-oh! Kavya, aap bewajah chinta kar rahi hain, aa jayenge aapke bete jaldi hi.” Ronit says softly.

“We’re here!” Aniket and Vineet say it in unison as they descend the stairs.

Kavya smiles softly and serves breakfast to them. The family has breakfast amidst discussions about work. Vineet signals something to Aniket, and it doesn’t go unnoticed by their mother.

“Ye kya ho raha hain?” She asks the boys.

“Bhai has something to tell you and Pa.” Vineet exclaims in the middle, leaving Aniket astonished.

“Huh, kuch nahi, Maa. Vineet toh aise hi keh raha hain.” Aniket coughs and covers up the matter.

“No, Son! You can tell us. I guess you have a lot of things to do, but Vineet must have something exciting  to tell.” Ronit says.

“Bhai has an exciting offer.” Vineet chuckles in the middle.

“Vinu, I will tell them later,” Aniket tries to shush him but Vineet continues to blabber.

“Bhai, tell now.” He glares at his brother, but Aniket denies it at the moment.

He doesn’t want to startle his parents. However, they won’t like his idea and won’t appreciate it. He wants some more reasons to convince their parents. Vineet sighs deeply, hearing his brother’s voice.

“Mom, Dad! Mujhe aap dono ko kuch batana toh hain, par sahi waqt aane par bataunga.” Aniket looks at his parents.

“Aur ye sahi waqt kab aayega?” Kavya asks while looking at her elder son.

“Jaldi hi, Maa. I know aap mujhe support karengi hi.” Aniket flashes a small smile at his mom.

Soonish, Aniket and Vineet leave for their office. There’s a silence prevailing between the two brothers. The former is driving, while the latter is sitting in the passenger seat. Vineet is looking into his phone, and suddenly, he exclaims at the top of his voice.

He reveals something to Aniket that leaves him surprised and happy.  

*****
It’s almost 1 PM when Nitya picks Ruhana up from the Hotel Blue Moon. The two sisters sit in silence but end up asking the same question to each other. They stare at each other and end up laughing at the same time.

“Hum aur humare coincidences.” Nitya and Ruhana mumble at the same time.

“Vo toh hote hi rehte hain, Nitu! Sisters and coincidences go hand in hand.” Ruhana says softly,

“Han ye bhi hain! Acha, did you make all the lists that we need?” Nitya asks.

“Yep! It’s all in here!” Ruhana shows her a folded paper.

“We need some georgette and cotton fabrics. And for that international deal, we have to discuss it.” Nitya explains the important tasks that they need to do.

Nitya seems overwhelmed at the moment, and Ruhana tries to calm her down. She knows her sister won’t calm down until they finish their work.

The sisters drive towards a fabric shop, It’s Nitya’s favourite spot to buy fabrics for her designs.

The two sisters get busy choosing fabrics. Ruhana has her own input, with which Nitya is famished, and on the other hand, Ruhana is learning many new facts from her sister.

They’re busy shopping when Ruhana receives a call, and she excuses herself to attend the call. The news that's been extended to her makes her jump with joy. She assures the caller about her decision, and meanwhile, Nitya comes by her side.

Nitya could make out that her sister is very happy, and upon asking the reason, Ruhana takes her to a nearby cafe. Nitya is confused but follows her sister’s lead, and as Ruhana explains something to her, Nitya gets truly amazed.

It seems like, the sisters have gotten a step closer to their destination.

To Be Continued.

What's in store for the two sibling pairs?

Stay tuned.