Chapter 14

Batman stood across from his kids as they all stood there, "Talk" Batman spat causing Shadow to step forward and begin angrily ranting in Arabic at a speed so quick not even the Arabic speakers could understand her. "SHADOW!" Batman snapped "You punched and shot a teammate, you are going to have serious repercussions" Batman told her firmly as Aquaman stood in the corner.

"You know what? I don't care, you can do whatever you want, I did what I have fought so hard to do. I defended my family and myself from those who weren't supposed to try and harm me, I did everything right. You can ban me from patrol, you can ground me, hell you could even send me to juvie but I stand by what I did, I protected myself and my family." Shadow told Batman with no remorse for what she'd done. "Despite everything I have been through I have built and stood by my morals and I will not change that for you, just like I didn't change that for her. To me I protect those I care about even if I die for them" Shadow told her Father who knew exactly where those morals came from

"The League will be evaluating the situation, all of you are in trouble for what has happened tonight" Batman told his kids "I take full responsibility, no one other then myself was involved. I threw the punch, I egged them on, I encouraged them to react, I shot him with my own gun not the one I stole from my Brother. No one else did anything wrong except me" Shadow took responsibility knowing that not all of her siblings could handle the harsh punishments they would receive.

"All of you had chances to stop her, all of you could have deescalated the situation as you have been taught. Therefore all of you shall receive punishment" Batman denied Shadow who tried to swallow the lump in her throat that hadn't disappeared since the incident.

"Dismissed, all of you will be staying in the West wing of the Cave until the League reaches a decision. All of you will be individually interrogated" Batman ordered referring to the sector of the Cave that contained one large gymnasium and training room meaning that they'd be sleeping in the gym for now. Batman watched as his kids funnelled out and although he couldn't say it, he was proud of his daughter for what she'd done, she defended her Brothers and self without letting them get involved.

"Just give her space" Jason told Nightwing as Shadow walked ahead of the group music playing through the headphones she'd grabbed from her room. "Hey" Wally whispered to Nightwing as he sped up beside him "All of us who have been around this long except for M'gann think she did the right thing " Wally told Nightwing as said girl looked at the partially empty pistol she held thinking about how if she was the person she was a few months ago, L'gann wouldn't have lived more then a few minutes.

"Who do you think they're gonna call first?" Red Robin asked Nightwing "Probably Little Wing, they'll think they can break him easily because he's not one of us." Nightwing thought for a moment before answering. Shadow sat in the corner and pulled the blanket over her head as she curled into a ball and set her mask outside the blanket, setting a clear message not to bother her.

Jason sighed as he looked at her, although she put up a strong front he knew she was broken and right now Nyx would be preparing to board a jet home and she wouldn't be there waiting like she'd promised. Shadow tried her best to keep the memories from coming as she squeezed her eyes closed and tightly tied her gloves to prevent her from scratching her arms if it got bad.

Shadow sucked in her breath as the shaking came and her breathing sped up as she dropped into a world of her own. The memories she never wished to remember brought themselves to the forefront of her mind as the pain of those days filled her over and over again.

Jason watched the blanket as Shadow fell victim to her nightmares that kept her awake. Jason decided to go sit with her as he slid down the wall beside her gently holding her as she slept every moment plagued by the demons that haunted her.