Chapter thirty-five: A late night snack

I'll call him... I tapped on the phone pictogram under his profile picture. A second later I was calling him. It didn't took long until he picked up the phone.

Jaehyun: "Hey Y/N!' You finally called back. How are you?"

You: "I'm sorry for not calling you back earlier. I got into an accident at the school trip, I just got my phone back."

Jaehyun: "An accident? What happened with you? Are you hurt?"

You: "I fell down somewhere in the woods. I broke my right ankle and I have a mild concussion."

Jaehyun: "A concussion? That must have been a nasty fall."

You: "Let's say it could've ended more drastically than this."

Jaehyun: "How are you now? Can I come visit you? I want to see you."

You: "I'm better now. I'll have to ask if you can visit me. I'm not at home currently."

Jaehyun: "Huh? You're not at home? Then where are you?"

You: "At the house of my previous stepdad. My mom is on a business trip."

Jaehyun: "Your mom left you there? Isn't it weird to be back?"

You: "A little bit but it's fine, really."

Jaehyun: "I'm glad you called me back. I've been thinking about you, ever since we met again in that garden."

You: "Jaehyun, you know that's all behind us right?"

Jaehyun: "The past is indeed behind us, but that doesn't mean that we can't have a future together anymore."

You: "I don't know Jaehyun..."

Jaehyun: "Let's talk about this another time. You should take some rest now first. Let me know when I can visit you."

You: "I'll let you know. Bye Jaehyun."

Jaehyun: "Bye Y/N, rest well."

The phone call ended and I placed my phone on the nightstand next to me. I still had some snacks left to eat that Yeeun had given me. They were really good, making my mood feel better. Just like Yeeun intended to do.

Knock knock

You: "Come on in."

Jungkook: "Hey Y/N, I brought you dinner."

You: "Is it already that late?"

Jungkook: "Yes, it's almost seven o'clock. Aren't you feeling hungry yet? Should I wait a bit longer?"

You: "No, it's fine. I'm hungry, just surprised with how fast the time flew by."

Jungkook walked into the room, holding a tray filled with food. I sat up straight, letting my back lean against the bed frame. Jungkook placed the tray on my lap, turning on the light on my nightstand.

Jungkook: "Do you mind if I stay here with you?"

You: "Like you need to ask, sit down."

Jungkook walked over to my desk, he took the chair and carried it to the side of my bed. He sat down. I took my fork and took a bite from the food.

Jungkook: "How does it taste?"

You: "It's good as always. Did you already eat?"

Jungkook: "I did, don't worry. How are you feeling today?"