1-3. Preparation and Ambush.

*Evan POV*

And inside the chest there was!

Chest:
Wand of sparking
6 iron bar
3 lesser health potions
2 invisibility potions
2 gold coin

"WOOHOO" I shouted in excitement.

More chances of survival! And let's not forget, more ways to kick ass. I quickly and excitedly grabbed the wand of sparking and started inspecting it. 'The wand of sparking', a beginner level magic weapon. It looks like a small tree branch with 2 small green leaves attached on its tip. Honestly speaking, if you put this next to a normal tree branch, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Wand of sparking:
Damage: 14 (Magic)
Knockback: none
Mana cost: 2
Critical chance: 14%
Use time: average speed
Tooltip: it creates a small spark that will fly forward and light anything on fire.

Haha! I finally get to use magic! Well, just like with the copper short sword, this is the worst magic tool in the game, but hey! I've never used magic in real life so I'm really excited! I quickly equipped the wand of sparking and swung it. A small spark similar to a small firework spawned and flew forward a bit before it extinguished. That was...

Anti-climatic. Well, it is one of the worst magic weapon in the game. But it still has its uses, for example, it has an extremely high chance of making enemies catch on fire so that's a good thing for some extra passive damage numbers.

And let's not forget that I can dual wield too, so even if it's the worst magic weapon in the game, the ability to set any enemy on fire whenever I want is a big plus in my book, also, I can use the iron bars in the chest to make an anvil. The rest of the things inside the chest has benefits too. Except the invisibility potion, well it does lower the spawn rate of enemies but I don't know how it will work here, so I'll just keep it in my inventory for now.

I made a new wooden workbench since the one I made before is in the middle of nowhere. I'm also wanted to make this place a bit cozier too. so I crafted and placed down a campfire.

Campfire: Life regen is increased when near it.

The health regeneration given by the campfire is almost null. But then again, it's better than nothing. I took a peek at my current health.

Life:
46/100

For some reason, the game calls health 'Life'. I don't mind it but I'm calling it Health because I'm not stupid. Also, while resting, hp regeneration is increased and with the campfire as an added bonus, my natural hp regeneration should hit 1 or 2 hp regen per sec. I checked my status window to make sure and yea, 1.1 HP regen per sec.

Now, I need the basic crafting furnitures. The crafting table is one of them, but I also need a furnace and an anvil. It cost 5 iron bars to make an anvil, which I have thanks to the chest I found. But I need some stones to make the furnace. Which was why I equipped my copper pickaxe and started mining the ground, I didn't want to just make a random hole in the middle of this small cave, so I went to one corner of this place and started swinging my pick there.

Cobblestones can be used to make furnaces yes, but they can also be used to make arrows which I will absolutely need. As long as I can stab my enemies from far away, I shouldn't have to worry about dying, just yet. So, I spent the next few minutes mining cobblestone. There was only dirt in this cave but after digging down for a little bit, I did find some cobblestones.