Chapter Thirteen: Soul Stone Rescue

"Where are we going? Are you Asgardian? I've never really met an Asgardian, but you look like one," Peter Parker asked, his questions jumbling over each other as he asked them breathlessly. He had been talking nonstop since their battle with the bear-like creatures.

Hela turned to look at the teenage Avenger. Normally this much talking would annoy her, but Norns, he was an adorable sweetheart!

"We are going to Valhalla. From there, I will take you back to Earth. And yes, I am Asgardian," Hela answered.

"Really?! Are you related to Thor?" Peter asked, his cute brown eyes shining with excitement.

"Yes. He's my uncle. Loki is my dad," Hela said and surveyed the area. She could see nothing but sand. Where was the portal to Valhalla? Surely her brother and dad would've opened it by now. She had sent out the signal; she was sure of it.

"Wait," the soldier known as Bucky Barnes caught up with the two. He held up a hand, the human one, Hela noted. "Loki has a daughter? The Loki that attacked New York?"

"Yes," Hela said a little too harshly. Bucky took a step back. Hela tucked a loose lock of hair behind her ear and glanced behind her. The group of Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy were trailing closely behind, all of them on high alert for more attackers. She noticed T'Challa eyeing her closely, so she turned back towards Bucky. "It's complicated."

"How is it complicated? Did Loki send you?" Bucky pressed. "Can you be trusted?"

"Loki is dead!" Hela shouted, losing her temper. "I want revenge on Thanos for killing him and trapping everyone here. Trust me or not, I'm your only way out of here. It would be highly recommended that you don't make me even more upset than I already am!"

Bucky wisely stayed silent, but he moved to position himself protectively between Hela and Peter.

A green-skinned woman jogged up to Hela's side. She looked concerned. "I never knew that Loki had a daughter," the woman said.

"Nobody does," Hela replied dryly, still on the lookout for signs of a portal opening.

"I knew Loki. Well, I saw him from time to time. I assume you know what my father did to him?" the green woman asked.

Hela raised an eyebrow. "Your father? You mean Thanos, right?"

"Yes. Adopted father." The woman shrugged. "He kidnapped me and raised me as his own. I'm Gamora, by the way."

"Hela, and yes I knew. That's why Thanos needs to be taken down."

"Thanos mentioned something about a woman he was in love with. He called her 'death,' and she had black hair. You seem to fit his description," Gamora pointed out.

"Unfortunately, I do. And he made a mistake of doing so."

"I know that your father is innocent," Gamora said. "I want to believe that you are too."

"Thanks?" Hela said. Seriously, where was this portal?

"Is there still a chance at beating Thanos?" a dusty-blonde-haired man asked, his red leather jacket fanning out behind him from the hot wind.

"My intel says that he broke the Gauntlet after the Snap. As far as we know, he can only use one Stone at a time. That gives us an advantage," Hela explained.

"Good," the man smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. He seemed distracted.

Hela stopped walking. She stared up into the sky. "Come on! Dad? Sleipnir? Open the portal!"