2

t w o

If I searched nearly the entire library, why do I hear footsteps coming from behind me? Maybe it's just my imagination playing games. As I kept on walking, I realized that the footsteps hadn't ceased. I furrowed my eyebrows, and I turned around. From where I was standing, I could make out a shadowy person on the steps holding something made of metal that had a faint sheen in one of his hands. Most likely, they were brandishing a knife.

I had the option to hide somewhere or run away, but I chose to remain standing. I was lacking the energy to move. I felt as though my feet were firmly planted in place, and I was fine with that. I have no fears.

I saw the person approached me after coming down the stairs. I wish I could say that I was terrified that the person was heading straight towards me, but I was more alarmed by the fact that I didn't care. I was prepared for anything that may happen. Even if that meant suffering because those who live too profoundly don't fear it. I never have, and this is not the time to start.

"I didn't think that anyone else was here. I'm not going to hurt you." he said, tucking his knife away and holding his hands out in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, waiting for a response.

"I just needed a place to stay." he said, making me raise my brow.

He just needed a place to stay? I better not jump to conclusions.

"You needed a place to stay?" I asked, hearing nothing but silence.

"Can we go sit down somewhere and talk?" he asked, and my eyebrows knit together.

"Okay..." I said, intrigued.

"I left my bag at the top of the stairs, so I'm going to go grab it. I'm going to climb back down after that. Do not call anyone till after we have had a conversation." he calmly spoke, and I looked of confusion painted across my face.

"Alright." I said, hearing him go back up the stairs. I swiftly turned around and grabbed a heavy book.

I might need to use this.

I held the book behind my back, and I waited for him to come back down the stairs.

"Hello?" he shouted out and I looked straight ahead.

"If you know what's good for you, don't come any closer." I slowly said and there was a bit of silence.

"Where are you?" he asked, and I slowly blinked. Should I tell him?

"Why do you have to know where I am? You said you wanted to talk, so say what you need to say." I spoke.

"Look, you don't have to be scared of me," he said, talking a step closer to me. Looks like I might have to use this heavy ass book.

"Don't come any closer." I said, nonchalantly.

"I just wanted to make sure that you didn't or don't have the wrong impression of me." he said, taking another step towards me.

Some people just don't know how to listen. I hurled the book towards him, and he dodged it. I grabbed another and I watched closely. Once he was in view, I threw the book and it hit him straight in the abdomen.

"Seriously?" he said, holding on to his side and I shrugged as if he could see me.

"I told you to stay where you were." I said and I heard him kiss his teeth.

"Fair point." he responded, staying in his spot. I then decided that I wanted to toy with this mystery person.

"I suggest that you stay there until the cops arrive." I said, and he cursed.

Trappedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें