Chapter 3: The Unexpected

Erin was walking in the hallway when she noticed someone is following her. Erin turned her back and Ethan surprised her, Erin was so nervous that she almost slap Ethan.

Erin: Ethan, why did you scare me like that, I almost passed out.
Ethan: Sorry Erin, I did not see you in these past few days that's why I want to surprise you a bit.
Erin: I was really surprised Ethan, I thought someone was going to do something bad to me.
Ethan: I'm really sorry Erin, by the way, where are you going?
Erin: I'm going at the gymnasium for our physical fitness class.
Ethan: Oh great, see you later, I'm going at the café to buy some coffee, do you want some?
Erin: Oh yeah, I'll just pay you later. Iced Americano is mine. Thank You Ethan!
Ethan: Okay, see you later.

The moment Ethan and Erin was having a conversation, the detective is watching them while hiding and had taken some pictures to send it to Ethan's dad, the detective also mentioned that Erin were going to the gymnasium and Ethan to the café. When Ethan's dad received the pictures and information from the detective, he was raging in anger. He called Francine to his office and tackled what he received.

Francine: Oh, why did you called me?
Francis: Look at these pictures! /*picture shown
Francine: Oh I see, she's seducing Ethan!
Francis: You better make a move now Francine before Ethan say his surprise! Erin is at the gymnasium and Ethan is at the café.
Francine: Ok got it!

Francine followed Erin at the gymnasium. She saw Erin lifting light weights. She heard that their coach were going to instruct them to the treadmill next. So Francine planned to control one of the treadmills that Erin might use using a remote she borrowed from the gymnasium keeper. The moment Erin finished lifting weights, she headed straight to the treadmill and started exercising. Little did she know that Francine already had a evil plan. Each minute, Francine is increasing the speed of the treadmill where Erin is using. At first, Erin isn't noticing anything, but as it goes faster, Erin starts noticing it and she runs as quickly as she can but ended up falling from the treadmill, she was severely injured in arms, ankle, and even her head was injured due to the impact of falling. The coach immediately dismissed the class and called medics to put first aid for Erin. Francine's plan worked.

Francine: That's what you get for seducing my future husband, you dumb freak girl! Hahahahaha

   Erin was rushed into the university clinic for treatment, Ethan was in a hurry from the café the moment when his classmates informed him about an incident in the gymnasium and a girl was sent to the clinic. Ethan arrived in the clinic and saw that Erin was covered in compressional bandage, she have bruises. The nurse talked Ethan as he's Erin's friend.

Nurse: Do you know this patient?
Ethan: Yes nurse, I know her. So how is she?
Nurse: Her condition is serious, she needs to be send to the hospital because her head had internal bleeding due to the impact of falling from the treadmill.
Ethan: Oh my god! When can we send her to the hospital?
Nurse: We can send her as soon as possible.

   Ethan took care of Erin, and Francine saw everything, that's why she's bursting in anger. Erin was sent to the hospital and admitted to treat her injuries. She's with Ethan staying beside her. The time Erin was admitted, she passed out. Erin's parents also came by after they heard the news to check their daughter, they saw Ethan beside Erin's hospital bed and asked him what happened to their daughter.

Erin's Mother: Uhm are you Erin's friend?
Ethan: Oh yes Mrs. Cassidy. Nice meeting you!
Erin's Mother: Can I ask you what happened to our daughter? Me and her father was so nervous when we heard what happened to her.
Ethan: Erin was at the gymnasium for her physical fitness class when the treadmill she's using was defective and made her fallen from it due to increased speed.
Erin's Mother: Oh my god! My poor Erin! How is she now?
Ethan: The nurse said that Erin had internal bleeding in her head due to the impact of falling, she'll be staying here for about a week for treatment.
Erin's Mother: I hope Erin would recover sooner, thank you so much dear for taking care of our daughter. What's your name by the way?
Ethan: Oh I'm Ethan Carnegie.
Erin's Mother: Ethan Carnegie? Are you the university director's son? Mr. Francis Carnegie?
Ethan: Uhm yes Mrs. Cassidy. I'm Francis Carnegie's son.
Erin's Mother: Does your father know about this and that you're here at the hospital?
Ethan: Maybe yes, maybe no. It doesn't matter like I care, he's ruthless to me.
Erin's Mother: Oh dear, I'm sorry if I asked about it, it seems that you have conflicts between you and your father.
Ethan: Yes Mrs. Cassidy, it's a long story.
Erin's Mother: Anyways, can you look up for our daughter for the meantime? Just let her know that we came by here to check her.
Ethan: Oh why Mrs. Cassidy? You don't want to talk to your daughter when she wake up?
Erin's Mother: We had a major conflict, it's just a family matters.
Ethan: Oh I see, I respect your privacy Mrs. Cassidy, I will take care of Erin as you want.
Erin's Mother: Thank You so much Ethan!

   Erin's parents left the hospital while Ethan stayed to look after Erin.
   Hours passed and Erin is still not waking up. The doctor came by to talk to Ethan.

Ethan: Doc, how's Erin's condition?
Doctor: Erin's condition is still unpredictable because there is a chance she might have amnesia, commonly when a patient suffers internal bleeding, it usually results amnesia, and forgets people that is important to her. I cannot tell right now if she might have it or not because she's still not waking up.
Ethan: I hope she does not have it.

   Ethan is really worried that Erin might have amnesia. He was disappointed that his plan going to Paris were going to be canceled. But he prioritizes Erin's health and disregarded his trip to Paris with her.

-A couple of hours later-

    Erin woke up, Ethan was sleeping beside her when he notices that Erin is moving so he immediately woke up. He talked to Erin to check how is she.

Ethan: Erin, how are you feeling right now?
Erin: Ouch! my head hurts.
Ethan: You better rest more Erin.
Erin: Who are you? Why are you here? And why do you know my name?
Ethan: Erin??? Oh my god. What is happening?!

-End of Chapter 3-

~Proceed to Chapter 4~