四 【confiding in the class president】

IT HAD BEEN A COUPLE DAYS SINCE YOI HAD TEXTED THE UNKNOWN PERSON BECAUSE YOU HAD BEEN BUSY

You were seen sitting at your desk in the far corner of the classroom.

Hinasa Oyato approached your desk as you were sighing to yourself, twirling a strand of your hair with your finger.

"Hi l/n, what's up?" Oyato-chan asked you. "You seem down." Hinasa was the class president and a very sweet girl. She was very popular and pretty and was also the only person who would actually talk to you.

"Oh nothing, just, I met a person. They're my number
neighbour but they don't seem to take an interest in me..." You said your mind wandering off to when you first texted the unknown person.

"I'm sure you'll get around to them eventually, and what's a number neighbour?" Oyato said trying to reassure you.

"Thanks Oyato-chan. And a number neighbour is a person with the same number as you just their last digit is one higher or lower than yours ." You explained.

"Oh, so you tried messaging this person?" The girl asked.

"Yeah, not sure if they like me, haha. But we do share some things in common." You said. The girl just chuckled.

"Well I hope it goes well for you and you get to make a new friend but be careful because the person you're talking to is a stranger." She said.

"Thanks for looking out for me to Oyato-chan." You said with a grin.

"It's alright l/n-chan, and call me Hinasa. I think we're pretty close aren't we?"

"Yeah, then call me y/n." You said.

"Hey l/n!" A voice called. You turned around to see Chino Kotoro, the boy who always made fun of you for no reason.

"Have any friends yet, I see you're talking to Oyato-chan, leave her alone l/n." He said with a taunting smirk. You rolled your eyes at his comment.

"Kotoro-kun, say one more thing and I'm reporting you to sensei!" Hinasa said lecturing him. A few chuckles came out of your mouth as Hinasa turned to you with a grin on her face. You happily grinned back.

Maybe one day you and Hinasa would be best friends. Maybe one day your home life will get better. Maybe one day you'll make more friends. Maybe one day you'll get closer to your Number Neighbour.

Maybe,

'ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ'