nott votes for something that makes sense

Walburga was not a good mother---she knew that very well, knew it like she knew Orion her cousin never loved her like a husband should, knew it like she knew that he never will.

She was supposed to marry for love, second born of the second branch, she was meant to be free of the burden that the heirs carried, yet. Yet she was made to walk down the aisle towards the man who loved someone else. Whose heart already belonged to him?

The wedding was supposed to be a fairy tale, the grand wedding of the Black heir---and it was! just not for the bride and the groom. She had seen it in his solemn downturn of lips and furrow in his eyebrows. She knew he told very well; they were best friends once---she had loved him and he her but they were not in love.

She had decided it on the very altar her mother sacrificed her like a chess piece---that she would never do that to her children, she would not take away their choices.

But years had worn her left her a bitter shell of herself, and made her resent them and him. (---oh Orion, dear cousin why wouldn't you look at me? LOOK AT ME!)

She felt small in the huge halls of Grimmauld, trapped under the burden of being a lady with a husband who was listless most of the time, who would rather waste away drowning in alcohol than look at her.

So, to alleviate her guilt, she gave them away--- the twins to Aunt Cassiopeia and the boys to her uncle. It was the distance that brought the maternal instinct she had lost and made her realize that maybe she loved them. She did. She did.

Watching her children suffer in the future tore her apart. It was a painful reminder of her own failures as a mother. She carried the weight of their pain, feeling responsible for the wounds she could not heal. Yet, amidst the despair, she clung to a sliver of hope. They may have been broken, but they were still alive. And in the depths of her shattered heart, she held onto the belief that somehow, someway, they would endure.

They will survive.

::::::::::::::::::::::

COURT ROOM, WIZENGAMOT

JAMES lit a wand attracting everyone's attention.

JAMES: I believe it is time I am given the location of my daughter.

"The most awaited moment, ladies and gents." Barty Crouch said with flourish and excitement.

A hush falls into the court.

DUMBLEDORE: My boy, I implore you to understand the gravity of the situation. Aster's safety is paramount, and I have taken every measure to ensure it.

"I find the state of affairs rather telling that a father had to ask the court before gaining custody of a daughter whose guardianship should have been rightfully his from the start." Charlus drawled.

JAMES: Measures? Measures that keep a father separated from his own flesh and blood? Measures that deny her the love and guidance only I can provide?

"Good going, James." Lord Fleamont Potter nodded in approval.

DIGGES: Speak to the headmaster with respect boy.

"Who the bloody hell even is he?" Peter asked incredulously.

"Dedalus Diggles--- pro-Dumbledore dog." It was surprisingly Rabastan who answered.

"That is an insult to upstanding dogs of the society!" Sirius protested. He added a 'like me' in his mind.

Remus snorted.