cassiopeia blasts the front door

☆☆☆☆☆

In the wizarding world where tea parties and balls were the only source of entertainment among the nobility---it was known that Barty Crouch Jr was a genius. He was an example among the upper class to show their children, to compare them too---a prodigy. Slated to end up in Ravenclaw before he even stepped foot in Hogwarts, and expected to be great. It was not meant to be.

Because in the grand scheme of things, people forgot Barty Crouch Jr. was a child. A child whose father expected too much and had little to give in turn. A child who woke up to empty houses and ate alone at grand tables. A child whose only comfort was hidden letters sneaked in the dark of night by house elves, letters that promised he was loved. Barty Crouch Jr. was a child when his furious father burned the letters from his paternal grandparents in a fit of rage. When his righteous father had declared them evil and forbidden him from becoming like them.

Barty Crouch Jr. was a child, and he was curious. A child who asked 'Why not?' when told something. In one world this would have been his fall and this was not this world, here Barty had his Reggie. Here Barty did not seek assurances from the dark lord, did not preen on the smallest of compliments, did not blind himself to the atrocities, and did not lose himself in the devotion to the only person who understood his worth. So, it goes like this, a curious child meets the spares of houses as great as his on the ride to Hogwarts and finds himself befriending them. They have each other when the storm comes rolling in and that is enough.

This is a world where they live and Barty changes the future if only for the idiots he called friends.

☆☆☆☆☆

INT. KNOCKTURN ALLEY - DAY

The camera passes through a plethora of dubious shops before stopping, focusing on the two figures.

"I...I have no words." Narcissa sighed, staring at her uncle's outfit in pain. The yellow tie did not suit him...at all.

Alphard looked at his future self proudly.

Cygnus Black and Alphard Black walk side by side through the shadowy streets of Knockturn Alley. Tension crackles between them, evident in their guarded expressions.

"I can smell the tension~~~in the air." Remus smirked, making his friends turn to him in surprise at the pun.

"He can smell it alright." Peter snorted.

ALPHARD, dressed in a flamboyant crimson velvet coat with golden embroidery, scans the dimly lit shops with a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

ALPHARD (smirks before sighing dramatically): Ah, dear brother Cygnus, here we are, back in this wretched place. Who would've thought our paths would converge once more?

"You talk as if you are mere acquaintances instead of blood brothers." Frank Longbottom quipped.

"I wish."

"I wish."

Alphard and Cygnus said together before turning to face each other in sync and glaring.

"Do not copy me, imbecile." Cygnus told his brother politely.

"Brothers indeed." Walburga's lips twitched vividly remembering their childhood mischief.

CYGNUS, his stoic demeanor never wavering, glances at Alphard with a dry expression.

"Careful, he will burn you, Uncle." Andromeda tsked amused.

"Father! I forbid it." Bellatrix burst out abruptly.