part one

°•. ✿ .•°

As the sun's gentle rays began to creep into the room, Yena stirred from her slumber, feeling the warmth of the new day.

She stretched her arms and legs, feeling a sense of peace and contentment wash over her.

As she turned her head, Yena noticed that someone was softly snoring next to her.

She blinked a few times, trying to clear the sleep from her eyes, before finally recognizing the familiar form of her fellow member and also youngest friend.

Yena watched him for a moment, admiring his peaceful sleeping form, before deciding to wake him up in her own unique way.

She leaned in closer and let out a loud, exaggerated snore, imitating his sleeping sounds.

Yujin's eyes flew open, and he looked around in confusion for a moment before realizing what Yena had done. "Ugh noona, why'd you do that" Yujin whined.

Yena wore a hard face "You were sleeping so peacefully...I didn't like it"

Yujin rolled his eyes at her, aware of his older friend's morals "Yeah sure". Yena couldn't hold her laugh anymore and wheezed. She sat up and stretched her arms.

"Sorry Yujin, I know you're having a hard time sleeping, but don't you think it's time you try sleeping on your own bed again? You've come knocking on my door in the evening for three days straight" she said, worried.

Yena thought back to last night, when she was getting ready for bed, she noticed that Yujin had brought his pillow and blankets with him. "Hey what are you doing?" she had asked, frowning at him.

Yujin shrugged, feeling a little guilty. "I just, I can't sleep in my room. My mind doesn't let me sleep. Sleeping next to you just makes my thoughts magically disappear."

Yujin still struggled to be apart from his parents and woke up every night feeling anxious and restless.

Yena's heart softened, realizing the youngest was struggling.

This morning Yena decided it was time she helped Yujin get on his feet again and soothe his anxiety a bit. "Let's gather the boys later in the day so we can talk about this, don't suffer alone Yujin-ah we're here for you" she ruffled the boy's hair and he thanked her.

A knock on the door was heard and someone's head came popping out.

Hanbin, who was known for being the early bird of the group, was already up and getting ready for the day. He took it upon himself to wake his members up, seeing it as his responsibility as the leader.

He knows how much his members appreciate their sleep. The group had been up late the night before, practicing their choreography and getting ready for KCON, so they were all feeling a little groggy this morning.

"Wakey- wakey lazybones" the older boy sang and realized the two were wide awake. "Oh you're up, that's new."

"You're not surprised that Yujin's here?" Yena asked bemused. Yujin grunted, palming his forhead.

"I've seen him slipping into your room every night with my own eyes" Hanbin laughed his soft laugh. "You thought you were slick didn't you Yujin-ah" the older one looked amused.

Yujin plopped his head on his pillow and landed on his face. His muffled voice was heard saying "I don't care". The other two looked at each other and Yena shrugged. The youngest was moody today.

"Puberty" Hanbin whispered and shook his head.

Suddenly another head popped up from behind the door "Yujin-ah do you hate me that much? Why don't you sleep in our room anymore, you like Yena more than your good ol' friend here?" Gyuvin whined.