My name is Nine

Sonic, Amy, Knuckles, and Sticks are walking through the village.

"Team Sonic! Team Sonic!" yelled the Mayor, frantically running towards them. "Some fox that looked like your two-tailed fox friend just landed in the dirt! He was very dirty, he also had bruises and scars!" The mayor said.

"We're gonna look!" Sonic said. They ran, and saw a fox looking a lot like Tails, barley awake.

"Tails?" asked Amy, surprised by the scene. The Fox glared at her.

It whispered ten words, "What....did you just ...call me?... my ... name is.... Nine..." then he went unconscious.

The gang gasped. The Fox was very badly injured, the fox's life was on its last legs.

"I don't trust this, he could be an alien," whispered Sticks to Amy, who facepalmed.

"Not...the time." said Amy. "Maybe we should take him to the Hospital, they'll take care of him," said Sonic as he proceeded to call the hospital, "someone call Tails, he'd want to see this."

"I will!" said Sticks and she called Tails.

He met them at the hospital. Sonic carried the unconscious fox—or 'Nine' as he called himself—to the hospital. The doctor came in.

"Yes, Team Son- Oh my god! That Fox is badly hurt!" The doctor said. "Yeah, we were hoping you would help him." Tails agreed.

"I will!" The doctor said and took Nine from Sonic's arms and brung him to a hospital bed. He was marveled that Nine was still alive after doing an X-ray on him.

"He has ten broken bones, a tilted spine, and two broken ribs! It's marvelous he's still alive, he's such a fighter," the doctor told them (I'm gonna name the doctor Ali)

"Yeah, no kidding he's a fighter! I can't IMAGINE surviving with TEN broken bones, a TILTED spine, and TWO broken ribs!" said Knuckles.

Sonic was just concerned that they have been too late. Could those ten words been his last ones? Is he slowly dying? Sonic felt like he could have a panic attack any moment.

"Don't worry, Sonic," Ali saw the worry on Sonic's face before he could say it, "the fox is alive— what did you say was his name?"

"He said his name was 'Nine'" said Sonic, it brung him comfort to know the fox was still alive.

"Nine? Okay...anyways, Nine is alive, but there is a 30-50 chance he'll make it, the odds aren't so great, they would be better if he didn't have ten broken bones."

Back to the panic attack moment for Sonic.

Nine weakly groaned and flinched. Ali removed the mechanical tails that Nine had. They would just injure his spine more. Nine moved his head and put his ears down.

"Hey, I think he's waking up," said Amy as she noticed Nine moving. He groaned. "Ughhh... where am I?" asked Nine, looking up.

"Your safe, you are at our village. You were a little hostile to Amy there." informed Tails, standing up. "Ahh.... Um, sorry, I guess... who's Amy?" asked Nine, regaining his strength.

"Me, Amy Rose the Hedgehog at your service." answered Amy. "Huh... where I come from, your a robot named Rusty Rose." Nine informed.

"I was robotitized by Eggface!? How dare he??! Ima go beat him up!" Sticks held Amy back before she could storm out and hurt someone. "Amy! I'm Sticks the Badger!" The feral badger said. 

"I'm Knuckles the Echidna," Knuckles said, startling the emo Fox a little bit as he had to look upwards to meet the echidna's eyes.

"I am the last of my kind." Informed Knuckles. "Yeah, I got that, I never seen an echidna before besides Renegade Knucks, a member of a resistance where I come from, so I have to take your word for it." agreed Nine.

"Renegade Knucks?"

"Resistance?"

"What kind of place are you from!?"

"I'm from New Yoke City, a place which is ruled by the Chaos Council, lead by Mr Dr Eggman," Nine informed. "New Yoke City? Never heard of it..." said Sonic.

"Well, your safe, now," assured Tails.