Maylene x Male!Reader

Maylene's POV

Me, Volkner and Candice were heading to Mr. L/n's ranch. "Thinking of Y/n, Maylene?" Volkner asked, smirking at me. "What?! No!" I replied, slightly snapping. "Sure thing, Maylene. Sure thing." He laughed a bit. We were heading there for help with the gym, as he was the gym leader before me. 

He was considered a legend by the entire region, and his sons Justin and Y/n were just as strong. I once knew them, and so did Candice and Volkner. They were a good friend of ours. "Maylene! We're here!" Candice hit my shoulder. "Alright, alright, I'm coming." I rolled my eyes trying to hide that I was excited. 

I went up to the door and rung the doorbell. A few seconds later, the door was opened. "Maylene? Is that you?" Justin, Y/n's older brother had asked. He was the one who opened the door. "I was going to open the door Tin can!" Y/n grumbled, but then smiled as he saw me. "Maylene, Candice, Volkner? What are you doing here? Well never mind that for now, don't just stand there, come inside!" He grinned at us.

 "Thanks guys." I smiled back at him. It had been a few years since I saw the two, they had changed. Justin was a lot taller now, almost as tall as the door frame. Y/n was also a lot taller, he was already at least a head taller than Volkner. Last time I saw him he was shorter.

 "I'll go get Mom and Dad." Y/n said rushing off. "Do you guys want some tea or anything?" Justin asked as we all sat down. "Just some water." Volkner said, getting comfortable on the couch. "Your couch is so comfy!" Candice grinned letting her Sneasel out. Justin's partner Leafeon came running to play with Sneasel, so of course I let out my own pokemon, Lucario.

 "Lucario, come out and join the fun!" I voiced, smiling at my pokemon. They all started to play together, when Y/n entered the room once again. "Maylene, Volkner, Candice, what are you kids doing here?" Mr. L/n asked. "Well, we were actually told to come check on you, Mr. L/n." Volkner said. "Well then tell the league we're holding up just fine here." Mrs. L/n smiled at us.

 "While we're here, do you mind if we see the pokemon you raise here?" Candice asked. "I don't mind at all. Y/n, Justin, can you please lead them outside?" Mr. L/n looked over at his sons. "Of course we can!" Y/n smiled brightly at his father, when a Chatot started flying around the place until it landed on Y/n's shoulder. "Chatot! I told you to stay outside." Y/n laughed, scratching the small pokemon's head. "Chatot seems to really like you, Y/n." Mr. L/n said. 

"It seems that way doesn't it, Father?" Y/n laughed. "Come on now everyone, let's head outside." Justin smiled. "Alright, let's go." Candice flashed a smile at him. She was a lot more free when with Justin, considering the fact that they used to be as thick as thieves. Always there for each other, just like Volkner and Y/n.

 The two used to be inseprable, while I stood there jealous of their bond. We all headed outside, and saw all the pokemon. "Jack, come here please darling!" Y/n cooed. Now that I think of it, he hadn't changed now that I saw him like this. He would always do this to his pokemon. 

Jack was a Glaceon now. He used to be an Eevee. "You evolved Jack?" I asked. "Not intentionally,  actually I had accidentally slipped on an Ice Stone while Jack was on my shoulder, and he fell on the stone." He chuckled. I laughed at him, seeing he was still clumsy as ever.

 "Goodness Y/n, you're such a klutz." "Oh shut up Maylene, it's not like you weren't either." He hit my shoulder playfully with a goofy grin. I knew that I had not lost my old friend.

Part 2 coming!
Word count: 666