The body

"May! You won't believe what I just found out!" My best friend Zoe said shrieking and clapping her hands together.

"What?" I was not interested in what she has to say because, it's always her tedious gossip. But Zoe wouldn't be Zoe without her gossip.

"You know that new hotel that just opened up? The one which looks so modern. It's called 'hotel gala'."

I wonder what she has about that place. "Yeah, what about it?"

"Rumor has it that it's haunted. There has been articles about people who stayed there having nightmares, and some even dying."

Well I guessed that right. "You know I don't believe these stupid rumors and gossip."

"But. I wanna check it out. Let's see if it's actually true or not. Come with me. Pleasee." She practically begged me.

"I'm not wasting time on something meaningless."

"Pleasee! If you're not coming then suit yourself. I'm gonna have so much fun without you." And then she sticked her tongue out. How dare she. I'm gonna go with her and purposely scare her.

"Fine. I'll come." I said sounding bored. I didn't want to let her know I was excited to scare her.

"Yay! We'll leave tomorrow evening for the hotel. Pack your things!" She ran out screaming and jumping in joy. I never understood how she has so much energy, I feel like I might pass out any second.

_____

I packed my things in a small suitcase. I didn't need much to pack, but I know Zoe has over a billion suitcases packed, even though we're just going to be staying for a night.

Suddenly there was a ding. It came from my phone, but it startled me.

Zoe: I'm here, at ur apartment. Come down.

Me: Yeah, I'll be there. One sec.

I switched off my phone and took my suitcase and before getting out I did a double check, if I had all my necessities. Then I left the house.

"Hey! Get in quick!" Zoe screamed. I swear, she always screams for no reason, even though I can hear her perfectly fine even if she whispers.

"Why can't you not scream for once." I said before throwing the luggage into the trunk and closing it.

During the car ride we sang songs and talked about how boring life was. Even though we usually fight a lot, we usually don't take it seriously because most of the time we're just teasing each other.

"Seriously- Mam do you have a reservation?" She was interrupted by the receptionist. I mean it was our turn and she was just talking not realizing the fact that it was our turn.

"Oh yes. It's for the twin room." I didn't want to sleep in the same bed as her because whenever we have a sleepover, she always sleeps like a starfish and turn and rolls, eventually pushing me to the ground.

After getting our room keys, we walked up to our room, while checking out the interior of the place. It was beautiful. There were floor to ceiling windows in the corridors so it won't be too dark, but it had a dark vibe with most of the furniture being black and grey. But I liked it. It was similar to my own home's interior.

"Here's our room! I'm so excited to see what the room looks like!" She was squealing and jumping while I was trying to figure out how to open the door. I swear these keycards don't even work sometimes.

"Do you two ladies need any help with opening the door?" Zoe was started and let out a small scream.

"Yeah, it would be appreciated." I said ignoring Zoe. I mean she totally deserved it. She was jumping and squealing not even realizing I was struggling to open the door.