The woman

*Thirty years after May's death*

"Breaking news. More mysterious murder cases have been reported at town, people are requested to stay safe." The reporter sighed as she was getting tired of saying this every day. Not gonna lie, I'm fed up too.

"Mom, aren't you tired of watching the news. It's always the same." My mom watched the news everyday expecting something new, but it's always the same. It's really annoying. The police are not even trying to find out what's happening, like as if they lost hope. I mean. These murder cases have been going on for over 30 years now, way before I was born.

"What if they find something. It's best to watch the news to see if they have any useful information." See, the same thing. I don't get how she's not tired of listening to this. Even the reporter is tired of all this.

Looking at my mom to see she actually thinks there will be something new, when my mom showed no remorse I sighed leaving the room and went to my bedroom, plopped onto the bed and fell asleep.

"Hey Olive." The weird woman said smiling.

"What do you want from me? You always keep popping up in my dreams and thoughts." I absolutely hated this woman, she says she wants revenge on some man for killing her best friend.

"Help me get revenge Olive. Please, I beg you." And the she fell on her knees and started sobbing. I was startled, she never begged nor she cried. I felt sad for her and went towards her, and hugged her.

"I'll tell you everything Olive. You're me, reincarnated me." I had a confused look on my face. And that's when I realized. I looked like her, same blue eyes, tanned skin, slightly curved body, exact same facial features, the only thing different was our hair color. She was blonde, while I had dark black hair.

"I'm May Wellers, the first mysterious murder victim."

My eyes grew wide, I had never seen photos of the first victim as the investigation was 'confidential'. But I couldn't trust her yet. "How am I supposed to trust you?"

"I can tell you every single detail I know about my murder, where I was killed, how, who, everything." I simply nodded telling her to continue.

"So everything started when my best friend Zoe told me about this new hotel called 'hotel gala'. She told me it was haunted, and she told me that she wanted to see it for herself. So we left for the hotel and everything seemed fine, but until. In the middle of the night I heard a loud thud, I got up and started looking around and then I heard a scream, I saw Zoe and she was crying. She told me that there was a dead body, and sure enough there was. I called the cops, but the call got interrupted by a creepy voice and my phone fell from my hands. I saw my best friend possessed, I ran, ran as much as I could. Witnessed my best friend dying. But when I thought I was escaping, he killed me. I realized that he could not be human, he just can't. He could do so many things a human can't do, he can run fast, he was teleporting, he possessed my best friend. He is probably a ghost but all I know about him was. His name, and it was Henry."

That was the most weirdest thing I've ever heard. I've never believed in ghosts even though most people have told me the paranormal things they've experienced in their lives. But I never believed them.

But then a thought came through my mind. How would she know a ghost's name? So I decided to ask her, after all I need to be able to trust her. "How do you know his name?"

"Oh, he thought he was getting rid of me, so it slipped from his tongue. I mean. Who would expect a person who is dead to do anything against you. But little did he know, I wasn't going to die this quick." She said with the most evil smirk.

As much as the story sounded true, I will not accept. This is my life not hers.

"So basically, you're telling me to ruin my life and risk my life for the sake of your revenge. No fucking way I am doing that! I will not abandon my mother!"

I got up from my dream. I was sweating for some reason, I didn't know why. But I didn't care about that.

Even though she was saying the truth, it's my life. I don't care if I'm a reincarnated version of her. Now she's not the one who's alive, it's me. I'm the one in charge of my life.

Only me.

I got up from bed and got freshened up and went to the kitchen and saw my mom peacefully cooking. Waking up to my mom's delicious cooking will never get old.

"Hey mom!" I said startling her.

"Oh my god Olive! Stop scaring your poor mother. I'll eventually die of a heart attack. Do you want your poor mother to die Olive?" She was being sarcastic, I knew that.

"Sorry mom. Anyways let me see what you're making for us." I looked at the over her shoulder, and saw the most yummiest pancakes I've ever set my eyes on.

I couldn't help but let out a gasp. "Wahh. That looks so good! I want 5!"

My mom mumbled something like my daughter is going to get fat and continued making the delicious pancakes.

I took out the plates and took the other things like, blueberries, strawberries and maple syrup and waited for the pancakes to be ready.

My mouth was watering already. Before my mom could even sit down, I started eating the pancakes like a homeless man eating food for the first time. Actually, I was probably eating more like a hyaena. All my table manners disappear when I see mom's delicious cooking.

After finishing I grabbed my dishes, washed them and then washed my mouth.

"I'm gonna start working honey. If you need anything just come to my office and let me know okay?"

I nodded. "Don't worry mom." I said smiling.

She smiled back and went to the office.

She works from home since you know what's happening here got worse. These murders happen almost every single day, and the country is on lockdown due to the fact that the ghost can possess people, and it might go to another country. But people can go out of their houses for basic supplies, but they can't go out of their cities. Only when there is an emergency. That too needs a lot of procedures and tests to make sure we aren't possessed, but what can we do. It's not like we've got a choice.

You know, you could always help me have my revenge and your country will go back to the way it was before.

Shut up May. Stop getting into my head!

This is my life, not yours.