𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 •

┌───────────────┐

┌───────────────┐

AS WARM AS THE SUN

t. kamado
episode 0: the sunrise of a princess

└───────────────┘

Muzan Kibutsuji looked at his queen for one last time.

The woman he had loved for what seem like eternity had been decaying in front of him, clutching onto a small bundle like it was the last thing she would do. And it was, for the man Muzan Kibutsuji hated the most had just killed his loved one.

His eyes stared deep into hers, the [E/C] pools' clouded from any emotion. Her body was heaving before it slowly dissolved into ashes and floated into the sky. Her mouth opened wide, but she hesitated. "Kibutsuji..." she whispered, her eyes watering. "Am I really gone? Is this all I've accomplished?"

Muzan Kibutsuji hated seeing her this way. His heart ached, his whole body trembled as he touched her skin for one last time. "I'm sorry, my love..." he spoke in a quiet voice.

She let out a sob, her arms disappearing. The bundle that she carried fell slightly, not even a inch. She smiled brightly, one last time, as her eyes only showed love and care. "Take care...of [Name]."

Muzan Kibutsuji smiled back, one of the first times he ever did genuinely. They hadn't named their child yet. His beautiful daughter. "[Name] is a gorgeous name, my love," he responded, grabbing the bundle. "She will be safe."

The demon queen smiled one last time before she was completely gone, her ashes floating into the air and becoming stars. Muzan looked at the ground as a single tear fell from his face. Yoriichi Tsugikuni had just slayed the woman he loved.

ੈ✩‧₊˚   ҉  *ೃ༄

"Father?"

Muzan Kibutsuji snapped out of his trance and stared at his daughter. Her [E/C] eyes shined brightly as she smiled. "When I pick a king to rule the demons with, can it be anyone?"

The man blinked then chuckled, picking her up and setting her on his lap. "I don't know, [Name]. Who would you think make a good king?"

The daughter of the demon lord placed a finger on her chin before smiling. "Kokushibo!"

"No, my little daredevil," he said, staring at her with a playful look. "Not him."

She giggled, then let out a long hum. "I want a demon king...who loves me like you loved Mama," she said, looking at her Father with a small smile. "Someone...who can protect me like Mama protected me."

The demon king kept a straight face, however inside he felt a stab in his heart. "Of course, [Name]. But you must remember..."

He held her chin, bringing her face to face towards him. He gave her a stern yet warm expression. "You must never fall in love with a demon slayer. They cannot protect you because they kill your people."

The young child blinked then nodded sternly, "I will never fall in love with a demon slayer!"

ੈ✩‧₊˚   ҉  *ೃ༄

However, not all stories follow the same path. And every fate cannot be decided.

Mama, is this the story of the Demon Slayer and the Demon Princess?

Yes, my dear, it is.

ੈ✩‧₊˚   ҉  *ೃ༄

• Is this a musical fanfiction? •

Yes.

• Do I care if you guys don't like it? •

No. Go somewhere else if you don't like them.

_____________________

In other words, this is going to be formatted liked a musical. I wanted to do something different for our boy Tanjiro.

Anyway, the name of the songs will be the name of the chapters for reference, so if you want to read this but don't want the songfic chapters, then you can skip those.

ੈ✩‧₊˚   ҉  *ೃ༄

Published: 5/13/23

Edited: Unedited

ੈ✩‧₊˚   ҉  *ೃ༄