𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 •

┌───────────────┐

┌───────────────┐

AS WARM AS THE SUN

t. kamado

episode 1: a new beginning

WARNING: this episode contains scenes of graphic violence and a lot of blood.

└───────────────┘

Present Day...

'-+-'

Love is like the wind, they say...it shifts, changes directions, but most importantly: you never know when it is going to hit you.

[Name] Kibutsuji was standing still in the Infinity Fortress, her eyes glowing in the dimly lit room. The room turned dark, leaving only a small glow left in the place where her eyes were. When they turned back on, [Name] was flying threw the mansion, staying in a tense pose. She spun, positioning herself for a landing before looking up, finding herself in a room alone.

Then, as if it was delayed, a strung of a guitar was played.

"[Name]-sama! What a lovely surprise!"

The demon princess turned to look at a white pot, patterned with dots and lines. Black goo started to overflow it before a white demon with dislocated facial parts where on his face. The eyes on his chin and forehead read "Upper Five". "How long has it been since I last saw your gorgeous face? 93 years?"

You glared at him without a word before turning at the slight sound of whimpering. An old man was crouching in the corner, a large lump on his forehead and red eyes with no words on them. "In the years we've been apart, you've forgotten to count, Lord Gyokko!"

He lifted his finger, whining, "It's been 113 years since we've last been summoned...undivisible and uneven. How unlucky!"

Another strung of the guitar was played, and [Name] turned to a pale demon with blue tattoos all over his body and vibrant, pink hair. "Greetings, [Name]-sama," he said, jumping down a layer and bowing down to you.

You didn't respond as the lights turned off. "My my..." a seductive voice said. The lights turned back on one by one, and you felt the presence of a hand behind you. A pale hand grabbed your shoulder as an attractive male leaned in, almost whispering. "The older you grow, [Name]-sama, the more beautiful you look!"

You narrowed your gaze before side-eying him. "Let go if you wish to keep your rank, Upper Two."

"Whoo! Feisty!" he said, licking his lips and placing a hand on his cheek. "Just like I remembered!"