ㅡ『23』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 23
One day at a time
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

When Sebastian went out to follow Rosalie, it took quite a while before he found the woman. She wasn't in their usual spot, following her scent, he found her sitting by the border of the land of the Quileute land.

"That's a dangerous spot there." He started, standing a few feet from the blonde. There were two wolves walking around the board, watching them. Prepared to do anything if they cross it.

"It's fun to see them riled up." Rosalie smirked, as the two werewolves snarled in response.

"Do you mind if I joined you?" The Donovan asked. But instead of sitting down beside Rose, the vampire offers his hand. "Can we talk elsewhere? I'm not a fan of having someone eavesdropping on our conversation."

Rosalie stood and took up that offer, the both of them walking around aimlessly in the woods.

"Why'd you follow me?" Rose pondered, looking up at the raven haired vampire. "Aren't you intrigued with the oh so amazing Isabella Swan?" She joked, laughing sarcastically.

"No, I don't find Edward's blood bag special at all." Sebastian truthfully replied. "Plus, everyone was already there, what's to miss with little ol' me?"

The two of them walked in silence. Sebastian didn't speak nor asked questions, letting the woman beside him think. He was waiting for Rosalie to say something. He wasn't getting bored, the crunch of the dried leaves and twigs was satisfying to hear at least.

"I didn't know why I felt upset." Rosalie began, staring at the blank space ahead. "I wasn't jealous of her, I didn't really care anymore whether she stays or not. I just had this nagging feeling."

     The latter nodded, taking in her hand before giving it a gentle squeeze, telling her to go on.

"Everything is so familiar. Like I experienced it before. I had a flashback of this memory. A man, and a child in a kitchen. It looked like a birthday party." Rose grimaced, her head aching as she tried to relieve the memory. "I felt like I knew them."

A child and a man in the kitchen.

A birthday party

The birthday. Rosalie's birthday

That child, Marigold

And the man, Sebastian

That made Sebastian nervous yet ecstatic. He planned on telling Rosalie eventually. He just wasn't prepared enough. She's getting these flashbacks, maybe they'll help if he were to tell her their past.

"When you first met me, you wondered how I knew everyone including you. Carlisle told me that you lost your memories." Sebastian recalled, carefully thinking about his way of words. "And you already know that I knew you back then, Rose."

This time, it was Rosalie who was silent, nodding at the Donovan's words.

"How would you feel if I retell our history together?" He offered, waiting for her reaction. "You have these flashbacks. I can try and help you get the full picture."