track sixteen.

WARREN: Night one was in Albuquerque.

ROD REYES (tour manager): See, you-you don't start in New York or L.A. where the crowd is nothing but critics and suits. You want to start small, off-market...where you can get your sea legs under you, work out the kinks.

✯✯✯

The band practiced on stage before the show, wanting to make sure all their instruments were tuned, their voices were warmed up, and everything on the stage was working correctly.

Daisy sang into the microphone, hopping around and causing feedback. "Can you do that phrase again, Daisy?" The stage crew guy asked. "I'm getting some feedback.

"Maybe stop moving around so much. I mean, the mic gets shaky with you flittering around," Billy told her critically and Stella rolled her eyes, resuming her conversation with Eddie as she made sure her guitar was tuned.

Even though Daisy and Billy had been arguing nonstop since Daisy came back with her new husband, Stella still had a feeling that something between them happened to cause the tension and hatred.

That's how it was for her and Eddie before they made it official after all, just with less hate and arguing.

"So let's fix it," Daisy held her arms out, trying to ignore Billy's cynicism.

"Well, how are they supposed to light you if you can't stand still?" He pointed out.

Daisy narrowed her eyes at him before she another stage crew member walking over. "Hey! Excuse me! Can you light me if I'm moving around?"

"Uh, I mean, yeah, whatever you guys want," the guy replied.

"Wonderful," Daisy said, getting the answer she wanted. "Let's run through the song."

Billy looked up, trying not to rage outwardly. "Yeah, sure."

✯✯✯

KAREN: If I'm being honest, we were pretty sure Albuquerque would be a disaster.

✯✯✯

The band played their song, "The River," wonderfully as the crowd cheered and called their names.

✯✯✯

KAREN: But it was fantastic.

✯✯✯

The band continued playing as Daisy and Billy sang, with both Stella and Karen providing some backup vocals on that song. Graham also did an amazing guitar riff that made the crowd cheer even more.

Whatever tensions the band had before the show, it definitely didn't transfer over to their performance since they sounded and looked amazing.

✯✯✯

DAISY: We had to work together. We didn't have to like each other. (shrugs) And we didn't.

✯✯✯

"Thank you, Albuquerque!" Billy shouted into the microphone after the song ended. They all made their way off the stage, wanting to celebrate their first show on the tour.

They ended up inviting people back to their tour bus, doing cocaine and all types of drugs. Stella wasn't opposed to doing drugs, but she also didn't want to become addicted so she only ever did than at parties.