track twenty-four.

ROD: Next morning, we were waiting on the bus.

KAREN: I remember thinking it would be okay.

STELLA: I remember thinking how I wanted to die right then and there.

KAREN: We'd been through hell, but...we were on the other side of it now.

STELLA: We were never gonna come back from this.

ROD: I mean, I'm trying to figure out how to tell everybody Daisy's leaving. And then I see Eddie.

✯✯✯

Stella, Karen, Warren, and Rod were waiting on the bus the next morning. Stella had barely gotten any sleep since she been crying her eyes out all night, so she was planning on sleeping on the bus.

She stared out the window next to Warren — who wanted to keep her company — in boredom before she saw Eddie walking out with luggage in his hand, although he wasn't heading toward the bus at all.

He was heading for a yellow taxi.

Her eyes widened a bit as she realized, He's quitting now. She then made eye contact with the boy and he gave her a forced, thin-lipped grin — like the white men usually do — before his eyes flitted over to Warren. He gave his best guy friend a quick thumbs up before he hopped into the taxi, not looking back.

Stella looked over at Warren to see the way his face had fell at the sight of his best friend leaving and she placed her head in his shoulder, shutting her eyes in defeat. She had given up on their relationship, so he had given up on the band. She should have seen it coming.

Graham then came walking over the bus with some luggage in his hand, making eye contact with Karen. He gave her a meaningful look, seeming to think about something before he slowly set his luggage down and walked off without saying anything.

✯✯✯

ROD: The irony is, the chosen ones never know that they are chosen.

KAREN: I wanted to be a rock and roll star. To travel the world and play music for strangers. And that's what I did. It's what I still do.

GRAHAM: I moved back home, to Hazelwood. I fell in love and started a family. I got a wife and kids now who are...(laughs softly) my whole world. I've got Karen to thank for that. I'd probably still be pining after her if she hadn't been, uh, brutally honest with me that night.

KAREN: I mean, I told him what he needed to hear. (sucks in a breath) But I wasn't being honest with him.

EDDIE: I went and formed my own band. We weren't bad, just, you know. I'm still out there playing gigs. My life's fine. It's, uh...It's totally fine.

STELLA: I took a break from music all together. The thought of it just made me want to cry. But then, uh, ten years later, when music had changed drastically, I released "Margaret" with my dear friend, Kurt Cobain, may he rest in peace.

INTERVIEWER: A lot of people suspected you and him had a romance. Is that true?

STELLA: (laughs) You kids and your theories. It's even worse than it was back then.

JULIA: (grins behind camera).

STELLA: (shakes head) No, we never had anything. Just work friends. He was way too young and I kinda promised myself to never fall in love with anybody ever again. And I haven't.