The Originals Equilibrium Part 2 (31-45)

Chapter 31

Freya had been summoned in the middle of the night to the Blood mansion, she had no idea what they wanted believing she had cut all ties with them when she stabbed Serena Peterson and her unborn child six years ago. They still had a hold on her and she hated it with every fibre of his body as she waited in their lounge. She was filled with dread on what they wanted from her this time. Shortly afterwards, she was brought up to Alastair's study where for the first time they had met alone "It's been a long time, Mikaelson" he told her gesturing for her to sit down but she had learnt from her previous mistakes and jumped right to the point "why am I here?". "Not even a hello? I thought we were friends" he replied sarcastically with Freya remaining deathly silent. Alastair smiled at her "You failed" as he watched Freya's face becoming imbedded in confusion "What?". "The Peterson's played you. That baby is still alive. In fact, both Peterson boys are still alive! You failed!" he shouted at her as Freya tried to defend herself "But that's impossible". "That blond runt survived and is a demon-werewolf hybrid. Something we've never seen before and could put everything we know in danger. All you had to do was kill an unborn baby, and you couldn't even do that right". Freya felt her heart racing as he shouted at her, she had no idea that she hadn't killed the baby. She was visibly shaking but was doing her best to hold back her tears. "That doesn't matter now, cause your going to fix your mistake. Your going to kill the whole family, just to be sure you do it right this time. And just in case your thinking of disobeying me, I know what you did to your brother". Freya gulped paralysed with fear which Alastair revelled in, "I can't believe it took me so long to figure out. You wanted that diamond soo bad, you sacrificed your own brother for it. No wonder he left." Freya felt tears running down her face as she tried to focus on her breathing to calm herself down, "It's a shame really, If I had known he was your brother at the time I would used him as a blood mule to make more hybrids". Freya locked eyes with him giving him an icy glare, but Alastair just returned a smirk "Kill that family and do it right this time. Or everyone will know about what you did to drive your brother away from his own family". Freya having no choice agreed to his demands as she rushed home to try and enlist in her families help.

....

The morning presented a peculiar challenge for the Mikaelson siblings that remained at the house. They were all bored out of there minds. With the mood still sour from Marcel's mystery cure/death they lacked the energy to do anything. They had no idea if this was a new enemy that they needed to worry about nor did they want to find out. The idea of a possible cure to their vampirism plaguing their minds. Their aunt Dahlia deciding to make an early morning appearance after the wedding yesterday to retrieve an old spell book she had left behind the last time she had braced them with her presence. "How was the wedding?" Rebecca asked trying to think of something else besides Marcels demise. "It was lovely, there's some pictures on my phone if you would like to see" Dahlia replied retrieving her phone from her bag and passing it to Rebecca, not thinking about the consequences. Rebecca then went through the pictures, seeing the joy on Alexandra Peterson's face but she couldn't hide that seeing Ash made her miss Elijah. Kol was sat next to her, looking over his sisters shoulder at the photo's finding something off about them. As he watched Rebecca flick through the pictures, he noticed that Ash in one of the photographs was wearing a red boutonniere but in the next few photos he was wearing a white one. Completely puzzled by this discovery, he asked Rebecca to borrow the phone, to which she obliged, allowing him to have a closer look at the photographs. After a closer inspection he confirmed that the colour of the boutonniere had changed between photographs, the question now was why? Just then Dahlia came into the room spell book in hand, walking up to Kol to retrieve her phone "can I have my phone back please?". He hesitated at first wanting an answer to his question "I have a question. In one photo Ash is wearing a red boutonniere but a few photos later it changes to a white one, why?". Dahlia felt her whole-body tremble realising that she had done. Sweat dripping from her brows, she tried to stop her heart breaking through her chest. She knew she had to say something to stop Kol from perusing the matter any further, otherwise the pack would be in danger and as their Luna she couldn't have that. So, she quickly but calmly replied "the red boutonniere wilted just before the reception, we replaced it with a spare white one that we had". Kol frowned at her not buying her excuse "But why-" he began before being scolded by Klaus "Kol shut up! She already told you the bloody reason! Who cares about what colour the boutonnieres were?!". With the matter resolved thanks to the help of Klaus, Dahlia took her phone back from Kol and made her leave, glad she got out of the predicament unscathed.