The Originals Equilibrium Part 2 (46-60)

Chapter 46

Making sure Hurricane was wearing his coat, Serena followed them to the door giving Elijah a saucy kiss goodbye. As the father and son duo went to leave, they were obstructed by a magical barrier which plagued them with confusion, "odd. That usually happens when I'm outside a house, not when I'm already in it". But with time ticking away before they had to meet Greyson, Elijah didn't think much of it with Serena using her own magic to let them pass through the magical barrier. Now free, Elijah and Hurricane quickly waved goodbye to Serena and began to hurriedly walk into town hearing the booming echo of Klaus, "Elijah! How did you get out of the house? GET BACK HERE NOW! THATS AN ORDER!". "Shit" Elijah mumbled under his breath, Ash being more of an influence on him then he realised. "Dad, you said a bad word!" Hurricane rejoiced finding his fathers profanity hilarious. But not wanting to be dragged home by Klaus, Elijah ignored his sons comment taking a quick glance at his watch, 11:53am, as he scooped up Hurricane into his arms before speeding off into the distance just as Klaus was about to reach them.

Reaching their destination just in time, the pair saw Greyson and Lobo sitting in a booth waiting for them outside. Taking a moment to recover from the sharp pain warping through Elijah's body, the pair went inside walking over to booth. As soon as Greyson laid eyes on Elijah coming towards them, he froze paralysed with fear mumbling under his breath, "that's Elijah Mikaelson". Then following behind the monstrous vampire was Hurricane, skipping along full of smiles. The duo then arrived at the booth, "son, come to me now!" he extended his arm to his son trying to release him from the originals control. Hurricane looked at his father confused choosing to take Elijah's hand instead, not sure why Greyson was screaming at him. Seeing his sons reaction only confirmed his suspicion that he had compelled his son, bending him to his will, "I don't know what sick game your playing, vampire. But he's my son, let him go and release..." he paused not knowing Hurricanes adoptive fathers name off the top of his head, "the other guy". This was when the epiphany struck Elijah, that he no longer was wearing his pendant that disguised his appearance, having lost it in the lake, that's why Greyson was acting so hostile around him. In the background was a sudden eruption of laughter from Lobo who was sitting next to Greyson, fuelling him with rage. "Uncle what are you doing?" he spat back at him. "Grey, he is Raven" confusing his nephew, "No he's not he's Elijah Mikaelson. Raven had blonde hair". "Its true! Dad's one of those special vampires. He just hid it to keep me and our family safe" Hurricane jumped to the defence of his father. Taking this in Greyson slumped back with confusion asking, "You didn't compel him? He's not in danger?" Elijah shook his head filling Greyson with more questions as they four of them sat down in the booth.

There was a brief moment of hesitation as Greyson glared over at Elijah, trying to piece together the possible motives for why he would want to look after his son. But seeing the boy completely happy and at ease whilst sitting next to an original put his doubt to rest. Now certain of his son's safety Greyson was ready to delve deep into what happened to him and how he ended up in the care of Elijah Mikaelson "How did you end up looking after him?". Elijah had to choose his next words extremely carefully, Hurricane's rejection still being a tender subject "when Elijah was born, his mother became mentally ill. She couldn't give him the care that he needed so I took over the responsibility of raising him and he's been my son ever since". Looking over at Lobo's disgruntled face Elijah gathered that he had worked out that Katrina had rejected Hurricane at birth. But Greyson didn't notice continuing with his line of questioning, "but why you instead of someone in the pack?". This perked Hurricanes interests as he curiously looked up at Elijah. Seeing this Elijah smiled back before replying "I was the only one who was able to sooth him, he would cry if anyone else tried to hold him. By the time my youngest was born, he was already part of my family. I couldn't leave him behind" An enormous grin formed on Hurricane's face from hearing this. In stark contrast to his son, Greyson was beaming with envy that he had missed out on his son's years of infancy and instead had to be cared for by an original vampire.