Prologue

Britt Baker was driving down her street when she sighed. The house that had once been unoccupied was now being moved into. A groan escaped her lips, it was a long day at work and all she wanted to do was go home and sleep not listen to furniture and boxes bang around as they were unloaded from the big truck. She pulled into her driveway and turned off the engine sitting in her car for a few moments.

The weight of the day at work had gotten to her. Between work and the fact that she had just gotten out of a long term serious relationship she had been worn out. Fans had been going crazy, between her spectacular matches and the fact that her breakup had been all over the news she had gained many fans good and bad. The bad outweighed the good today and had gotten to her. Her phone had been blowing up so badly that she had turned it off so she could focus at the office.

She turned her phone back on sighing as it blew up once more. This time from her friends saying they would be over later for their weekly wine night. Finally she exited her car grabbing the few things she had taken home from the office. As she shut the door and turned to walk towards her house she could see a bunch of people leave the house next door.

One of them caught her attention. He wasn't a worker, he was definitely her new neighbor. Unlike the others who were all wearing the same shirt that said the moving companies name he had a pair of fabric shorts on, a cap that kept his wavy blonde hair back and then what truly stopped her was his shirt. He was wearing a Pittsburg Penguins shirt.

Maybe this new neighbor wouldn't be so bad after all.

~~~~~~~~~~

Alex Smith had chosen to start fresh. To do that he threw a dart at a map and let it decide where he would move to next. That dart just so happened to land near Orlando Florida. It took him a year to find a house but once he had secured it, he jumped at the opportunity to move. He packed his things into a truck before he and his dog hit the road leaving Pensilvania for Florida, hoping to not have to look back any time soon.

The move was going well and everything was nearing an end. As the movers went to get the last few boxes he stepped outside of his new home. Just as he did he could see his new neighbor stepping out of their car.

Alex wasn't a people person, he opted to stay single, didn't have many friends and his family.... Well that's another story. For now we'll just say it was a rough childhood. He wasn't typically one to stop and look at a woman but she caught his full attention.

Though she was wearing a pair of pink scrubs he still couldn't take his eyes off her. A gust of wind blew her long brown hair right before her brown eyes met his.

He had been caught.

He turned red but he could see something.

She had done the same.

Maybe the two could actually get along.