Ch 2 : Another faker ...

Ch 2

"Nene, we're here."

I open my eyes as soon as I hear his voice. After a simple yawn, I lift the curtain to see the outside of the carriage. It is already night time when we arrive at the Jester mansion.

The ride was so smooth that it made me sleepy but the jester mansion is located in the east. Thank to my the northern duke, Ronaldo Orlando Maynard, there wasn't a hindrance all the way over.

Lukas step out of the carriage first. Then, he gives me his hand as I give mine to help me get down the steps. I say my thanks and smiled at him in return for helping. After that, we both enter the Jester mansion side by side.

As soon as we enter the mansion, all eyes are on us. The hall have gone silent with our entrance and small whispers can be heard as we walk through the front.

"What a perfect couple."

"Lady Davanere is so lucky, I wish I was her."

"A meant to be."

"She's beautiful as ever, if only she can be my lover, I will worship her everyday."

"You know, I hope she'll give me a glare."

Those are the words I hear from the surrounding. I roll my eyes silently. People only know how to praise you when you have worth but also treat you as a laughing shock when you are down. We are not meant to be and we won't be. I think.

They said sweet words when Davanere is in her glorious period, but after the engagement broke off, everyone looked at her in a different way. Some started to bully her due to envy and some blamed her for annualing the engagement with Lukas. Which wasn't entirely her fault. All because they want Lukas for themselves but in the end, Elina got him afterwards. Instead they just found faults and gave out their anger on Davanere just for a single man. Ruining someone else life indeed.

In the current plot, after this party is where Davanere would be accused of adultery with the another noble man. And Elina's scheme.

"Would you mind dancing with me, Nene?" Lukas lookz at me with bright eyes, a smile that was so charming and innocent, but at the same time, so poisonous.

[New quest :

Location : The Jester mansion

Objective : Dancing with His highness Lukas Heinrich De Ferdinand

Success: + 10 points

Failure : -100 points

Accept      Reject]

I looked at the screen tablet and chose the Reject option.

[Would you like to use 1000 points for rejection?]

1000 points? !

Big sis ah! Isn't that too much? You should rob the bank instead of being a system.

[It's normal for Davanere to dance with Prince Lukas dear host]

But I don't want to.

[That would be your problem, not mine ^-^]

"...."

[You have 5 seconds to decide.

1

2 . .]

I quickly chose the accept option in anger

[Beware! Acting out of character also deduct Points in your inventory.]

That's indeed robbing.

'I will report the author when I'm back! Just you wait Catherine.' I hurriedly type to the system conversation.

[Find the way out frist LOL!]

I grit my teeth and reply to Lukas.

"I would love to." I switch my experssion in 360°, smiled shyly at him to avoid my headache. As we both dance we are in the centre of attention like expected.

Thanks to the dancing class and etiquette that my parents forced me to took since I was young I manage to do it smoothly.

Through the process, Lukas has been a chatterbox.

"Nene's dancing is improving," Says Lukas as he is grabbing my waist.

As I hear that, I am lowkey glad I still remember it since I tent to avoid lots of social gatherings and if I do enter I usually refused to dance.

"Is that so, my dear prince?" Or should I say, faker. I think in my mind as I put my hand on his shoulder as well.

"Have you been practising lately?" praise Lukas when I twirl myself in his hand.

"Maybe?" I chuckle.

Of course not, I wasn't doing any practice except cursing an author and doing my paper works also.... kpop dancing???

A while after, Lukas kiss my cheek and excuse himself to greet some nobles.

I rub the part that was kissed, feeling extremely disgusted.

[Quest completed]

[Calculating the reward….]

[ + 10 points task complete]

[ + 50 points for increasing reputation]

[ + 50 points for Lukas Heinrich De Ferdinand's favour raise.]

I take a peek at the screen in satisfaction. Additional points are added according to my hard working performance.

"Greetings, Milady." A female voice comes.

I turn around to face the owner of the voice and meet another person with grace. She wears a gown that was made of roses. Her brown hair is tied up into an elegant ponytail and her hands is adored with shiny accessories. Her brown eyes turn into a crescent when she smiles while she gives a bow to greet me. Flamboyant. That's what I think.

Tink!

[Merry Aithne Amber, Eldest daughter of Count and Countess Amber.]

Ah! Another faker. I curse under my breath. And her ponytail....Is that okay if I just pull it?