Chapter 4 ~ Nothing

In the beginning, there was nothing.

In the beginning, there was Chaos.

And in the beginning, there was me.

Everything starts at nothing. No matter whose story is being told or who's telling it, if the storyteller were to begin at the very beginning, such that there could be nothing before it, the story would begin with nothing.

And begin it does. . . .

Within nothing, there was an egg.

From Chaos, sprang Gaea, Pontos, Erebos, and Tartarus.

And so from nothing, came something. . . .

Inside the egg was the giant, Pan Gu, who pushed apart the two halves of the egg, forming the earth and the sky.

Later, from these primordials, Nyx and Ouranos came into being.

And from something, came the beginnings of everything. . . .

The effort that it took to push apart earth and sky killed Pan Gu; when the giant died, his two eyes became the sun and moon, his flesh the mountains and valleys, and his blood the rivers and oceans.

These immortals gave birth to many more, including the Titans, then the gods.

And that, I suppose, is how we got the strange, convoluted world we have today. . . .

Yisssssss it's finally this chapter---

I love this chapter far more than I should.

. . .

Okay, I'll admit it, I've been done with this chapter for a long time and just didn't feel like publishing it because I thought it was too short.

Are my chapters too short? Do y'all want longer chapters? Keep in mind, this book is only going to end up being thirteen or fourteen chapters when finished---

As always, give me feedback because not knowing what people think of my writing makes me anxious.

~ Silk