Chapter 5 ~ Exposure

"Bullshit!" Garnet screeches. She isn't entirely sure what's just happened, but the thought at the forefront of her mind is that she's no longer at Nationals-she has just been kidnapped. Also, she's feeling nauseous.

I do not like the method of travel I just experienced, Garnet thinks as they vomit onto the wood-paneled floor. And I just ruined someone's floor. Well, they just kidnapped me, so they deserve it.

"Where the fuck am I?" Garnet mumbles, retching again.

"Language," someone says mildly. "Nico, I believe our cleaning supplies are in the closet down the hall."

"Should I get one of the Apollo kids, Chiron?"

"That might be advisable."

Garnet lifts her head and is hit with another wave of dizziness. She reaches out a hand, looking for a table or wall to lean against while she waits for the room to stop spinning. She slumps against the wall (slightly textured, painted off-white, looks like drywall; it's probably a residential building).

"Pretty sure kidnapping is illegal," Garnet mutters, which probably isn't productive.

"Ha! You think the gods would bother following mortal laws?" A different voice, not Chiron-this one is mocking, derisive.

"If they had any common dignity, they would," Garnet snaps back.

"Watch your mouth, child, or I'll turn you into a bottlenose dolphin."

Garnet clenches their teeth (the room lurches) and refrains from saying anymore, silently cursing the Greek gods. Thankfully, it's at this moment that Nico returns, half-dragging a mop, a blonde with lots of freckles trailing after him. As soon as he notices Garnet, the blonde asks, "What's with the tail?"

Shit.

Nico does a double take. "That was definitely not there before."

Shit!

Garnet looks around, as if she needs confirmation. Sure enough, the red-brown fox tail is there, fluffed up, twitching, and perfectly visible.

"Well, this sucks," Garnet mumbles.

Chiron looks uneasily from Garnet to Nico and the blonde, then back again. He sighs. "Why don't you two leave?"

"No, wait!" Garnet calls. She meant to say something. . . what was it? They can't remember, but now the room is swirling again and the floor is coming up too quickly and they're falling and-

ahahaha yet another short chapter; oh well.

Dionysus is like, unnecessarily difficult to write??

guyssss talk to me I know at least two people actually read this

and as always, I am desperate for feedback so I know what people think of my writing

~ Silk