HISTORY OF THE WORLD BEFORE THE EVENTS OF THE STORY

THE BIRTH OF THE CRIM RACE

In December 2019, a virus started to spread all over the world: the disease was named the Red Plague, but was commonly called the Red Death (named after the Black Death of 1346). It killed almost all the global population over the course of 3-4 years.
The Human race was at the brink of extinction, until a doctor found a vaccine, commonly called as the "Salus Elixir" (the "Cure"). However, this vaccine wasn't a normal one: not only did it cure the infected and made them forever immune to the virus, but it also made them inhumanly strong and it gave them supernatural superpowers, the control over all elements present on Earth.
From this point on, society was divided into two groups: the "Survived", later called "Homo Sapiens", and the "Cured", later called "Crims".
In 2024, the world population was drastically decimated and only 100 million people were left: just ~10 million were Homo Sapiens and the rest were Crims. For this reason, the Crims became the dominant race and they influenced the course of history starting from 2027.
A year before, a Cured man (son of an English politician) rose to power thanks to his oratorical talent which made it possible for him to gain the the support of both the Cured and the Survived communities who were still traumatised by the Red Plague. The support for him grew stronger and in 2035 he became the King of Great Britain and of the Crim People, his lineage replacing the fallen House of Windsor. After the coronation, his name was changed to Gold Crimson (official denomination: King Gold I of Clan Crimson).
The Homo Sapiens were still influential, but the Crims had all the political, military and economic power all over the world, dominating not only their own community, but also the Homo Sapiens' society.

THE ARRIVAL OF THE GORGON RACE ON EARTH

In January 2492, an alien race, the Gorgs (inappropriately referred to as Gorgons by the Crims), arrived to Earth to ask for aid: 50 million Gorgs, all inside a massive space ship, travelled through space to find a hospitable planet after their planet was destroyed by a 100 kilometres wide asteroid.
They were lucky enough to have communicated with Queen Peony I, known as the Gentle Queen, because she welcomed them with open arms without any second thoughts. Majority of the Crims weren't fond of this action, but couldn't protest because it would've been an act of treason against the Rubrum Crown.
Gorgs have lived peacefully on Earth for more than a century, until the Coronation of King Rhenium I in 2609, as he had a very anti-Gorg and anti-Homo Sapien sentiment. He ordered cities to be organised in Sectors and soon after the cities became Districts: every District was divided in three Sectors, which were the Crim Sector, the Sapien Sector and the Gorg Sector, and the only place where all races met was the District's centre. This was the start of the social tension between Crims and Gorgs.

DISTRICTS STRUCTURE