[ 3 ]

"Why are we here?" Technoblade asked his father as they walked through the kingdom with no sun. Their usual red capes flowing behind them, a thin layer of snow fell on them as they entered the Enderial Palace. It was early winter and the first snow had started to fall, even in the End Realm winter could be felt and seen as temperatures drop.

"King Osiris had called for us to talk over certain matters." TechnoGun stated as they walked through the long halls of the palace.

Technoblade glanced up at his father, eyes narrowing under his mask as he felt like something was being withheld from him. "What certain matters do you mean, dad?" He asked and stopped in his tracks, clearly wanting to be informed beforehand.

His father sighed and shaked his head before turning to his son. "The King and I have agreed to arrange a marriage with you and the Princess."

"What?!" He tried his best to keep his voice down, but the distress in his voice sounded so evident in that moment. "And you're telling me this now?"

"You're mother and I already-"

"Dad, you didn't even think of telling me? Your son- the one that is going to get married?" The young man clearly seemed distraught at the moment as his father only shaked his head again.

"Even if I had informed you then, would you have said yes?"

"No-"

"Exactly." Gun cutted him off. "This marriage... it will signify as a symbol of alliance and hope for this upcoming war against the Humans." Explaining it thoroughly, he continued to walk again while his son followed. "I am sorry, I know I should have told you, but you would not have come with me had you known... you would have probably even left the Nether just to hide."

Technoblade sighed deeply, his father was right on that note. He would have definitely left just to get away from all this, but at the same time, he would have been curious upon the prospect of War. He was a first prince afterall, and battles and wars were something he grew up with.

"Do I even have a choice? Can I even say no at this point?." TechnoBlade asked as they continued walking. He glanced up at his father once more. Even with the given explanation from his father, the First Prince still seemed reluctant to the idea of an arranged marriage for an alliance. First reason being that he knew nothing about the girl he was to marry, and the second being that he generally never liked the idea of marriage- or intimate romantic relationships. "You already know how I feel about these things, dad... and why... Why us? Why me?"

"Because the King's son will already be tying the alliance with his engagement to the Princess of the Overworld's Osyana. Thus, you are to take the Princess' hand."

"Because I'm technically the First Prince of the Nethers?" He asked, still trying to grasp the situation.

"Because you're the Blood God, remember?" TechnoGun reminded his son of the well-known name he was given after years of battle experience. A name for the brutal general that won many battles. "Not only does he want to ensure an alliance with us, but he wants your battle prowess as well as tactical skill." He explained in a lower, more monotonous tone than his son.

They continue to walk towards the throne room of King Osiris, passing by paintings, stone and marble sculptures of said king and his alliances, some showcasing even TechnoGun in battle, when he used to be the First Prince as well.

"So they want the Blood God to marry their princess?" TechnoBlade scoffed at the idea. He would pity the princess knowing more attention would be brought, especially with how most would fear at the idea of the Blood God.