1.5

。

。.✦ ☾

Training Yard

。.✦ ☾

Aemond grabs the offered wooden sword from one of the squires, weighing it in his hands. Suddenly it gets knocked out of his hand, he looks up and he meets his brothers gaze.

Aegon offers him a cruel smirk, "what's wrong dear brother, did your hand slip?" Aegon asks with a sneer, letting out a laugh and he walks past him.

Aemond breaths out harshly through his nose and he bends down to pick up his sword. "I feel as if that was my fault." A voice states

Aemond looks up and he meets Aenys amused gaze. "Pick up your sword, I want to spar." Aenys orders, moving towards the middle of the arena.

Aemond finally picks up the sword, his heart pounding harshly in his chest. He was about to spar with Aenys, a boy who was the second Daemon coming.

Aemond meets Aenys in the middle, catching the attention of Aegon and the others. Cole straightens up, staring intently at the two, curious.

"Is this necessary?" Aemond asks, he can feel his brothers gaze. "Come on, don't tell me your afraid." Aenys teases, raising his wooden sword.

Aemond meets him with his own, swallowing as those dark eyes watch him. They may be violet in color, but they were darkener then his. Another aspect of his that put him apart from the rest.

"Why would I be afraid? I'm am the kings son." Aemond states, lifting his chin in defiance.

He yelps in surprise at the first strike, blocking it the last second with his sword. Aenys grins, bringing his face close. "War doesn't care about kings and their little princes." He whispers

Aemond stares with wide eyes. Aenys smirks and he pushes himself away, holding out his sword towards him. "Again." He ordered.

From above in the large terrace, Viserys chuckles, turning to his lord hand, patting him in the stomach. "This is the stuff, Lyonel. Lads that learn together, train together..." Viserys says, watching his sons and grandsons. "knock each other down, pick each other up. They will certainly form a lifelong bond, wouldn't you agree?" Viserys asks

Lyonel grins, nodding his head. "That is the hope, Your Grace." Lyonel states, watching his own son. Harwin meets his gaze briefly, escaping his narrowed gaze, a small warning.

Jace stabs his dummy in the mid section, only for his sword to get knocked down by Aegon, making him glare. Aegon rolls his eyes, trying to distract himself from his brother and best friend. "Don't stand too upright, my Prince. You'll get knocked down." Cole states

He makes his way over to his dummy, eyes narrowed.

Aegon grunts as he swings at his hay opponent. Cole turns to him. Aegon suddenly pauses as he spots two young females, smirking towards them, making them giggle. "Aegon." Cole calls out, catching the eldest princes attention.

Aenys and Aemond rest from their light spar, examining the weapons presented. "I've won my first bout, Ser Criston. My opponent sues for mercy." Aegon jokes, stepping closer to the knight.

Cole nods, hands behind his back. "Well, you'll have a new opponent then, My Lord of the Straw. Let's see if you can touch me. You and your brother." Cole asks, stepping back to grab his own wooden sword.

Aemond looks away from the table, as Aegon smirks, twirling his sword. Aenys nudges Aemond forward and he watches in interest.

While Harwin watches with contempt and annoyance.

Cole stares up at the king as he prepares. Viserys sighs.

Aemond is the first to attack, grunting. Cole was quick to block his weak attempt. Aegon takes the opportunity to sneak one of his attacks in.

There was plenty of yelling as swords clashes together.

Cole shoves Aegon into his brother, twirling his sword. "You're gonna have to do better than that." Cole states

The fighting continues.

Harwin catches his sons attention. "Ah. Weapons up, boys. Give your enemies no quarter." Harwin states as Cole approaches, smug.

Harwin turns to him, eyes passive, walking around the field. "It seems the younger boys could do better with a bit of your attention... Ser Criston." Harwin states, meeting Lucerys nervous gaze.

"You question my method of instruction, ser?" Cole asks "Oh, I merely suggest that method be applied to all your pupils." Harwin states, as Aegon shoves Jace.

Aenys sniffs bored.

Cole looks down with a smirk, confident on his ability to train. "Very well. Jacerys... come here." Cole states, grabbing Jace by the front of his armor. Jace grunts, angrily.

Aemond and Aegon smirk. "You spar with Aegon. Eldest son against eldest son." Cole states

"It hardly a fair match." Harwin states, Cole smirks, "I know you've never seen true battle, ser, but when steel is drawn, a fair match isn't something anyone should expect." Cole mocks

"Blades up." Cole orders, confident the young boy will fail.

Jace raises his sword, as does Aegon. "Engage." Cole announces.

Aegon runs and he starts swinging his sword brutally, leaving Jace to defend himself, his footing lost, he grunts as their swords meet.

Jace was weak compared to the elder, stumbling back as Aegon continues to attack

Cole smirks, as Aegon drops his sword and he grabs the front of Jaces armor and he slams his fist into the brunette's face. "Hey! Hey!" Harwin yells, grabbing Aegon by the back of his armor.

"You dare put hands on me?" Aegon yells

Aenys huffs, walking over and grabbing the back of Jaces armor, lifting him to his feet. "Aegon!" Viserys exclaims, disappointed on his son. "You forget yourself, Strong. That is the Prince." Cole sneers

"This is what you teach, Cole? Cruelty?" Harwin asks, anger filling his voice. "Your interest in the princeling's training is quite unusual, Commander. Most men would only have that kind of devotion toward a cousin... or a brother... or a son." Cole mocks, a smirk on his lips, only to grunt as Harwin charges him, slamming his fist into Coles face.

The others watch with wide eyes.

Aemond wasn't watching the fight, he was watching Aenys as he pats Jace in the back, almost in comfort. The kingsguard charge forward, grabbing Harwin and subduing him.

"Get back!" The kings guard order

Cole grunts as he tries to push himself up. "Say it again! Say it again!" Harwin yells, struggling against the guards. Cole chuckles, still on the ground. "Thought as much." Cole mumbles