3.2

。

。.✦ ☾

Dragonstone

。.✦ ☾ 

"I want patrols along the island's perimeter, looking for any small ships that might set ashore." Daemon states, pointing down towards their map, turning to meet Benjamin's gaze. Daemon then turns to their council. "If the Greens attack now, it will be by stealth not directly...." Daemon says, ignoring his wife's groans of pain.

Ben nods, schooling his features, to appear unaffected by Rhaenyra's screams.

"We don't have enough men to surround the island, but we can make ourselves appear stronger than they are." Daemon inputs, not flinching at his wife's scream of pain.

"Conscript the Dragonkeepers. They're capable fighters. Waste no time." Daemon orders

"It will be done, my prince."

"A raven flew in this morning." Bartimos states "The Sea Snake's fever has broken, and he has left Evenfall." Bartimos says, meeting Daemon's hard gaze.

"Where is he sailing?" Daemon asks, dragging his attention away from the lord and down at the map. "That much is unclear, my Prince." Bartimos says

Daemon sighs, they'll have to wait then. "We'll send ravens to our nearest allies." Daemon says, he briefly pauses. "Lords Darklyn, Massey, Bar Emmon...Princess Astoria Martell." Daemon says, meeting Ben's gaze who offers a nod.

The room grows quiet when they hear the princess call for Daemon. Esmond looks towards the blond prince, he understands why he's staying away, but he loathes the idea of their future Queen in pain.

"Do you want to speak to the maester, my Prince?" Lorent asks, only to receive a glare as an answer.

"I'll sail to the Riverlands myself and affirm Lord Tully's support." Esmond says, breaking the tension

"You will do no such thing." A deep voice orders and they all turn to see Aenys at the entrance, his dark eyes narrowing on his father. Luke and Jacerys peer up from the map, paling at the hard gaze Aenys sent them.

"Rhaenyra has decreed no action be taken while she's abed." Aenys states

"It's good you're here, son. You're needed to patrol the skies on Terraxes." Daemon says, ignoring his previous statement in favor of continuing their planning.

"Did you hear what I said?" Aenys asks. His dark eyes storm under the low glow of torches. Rhaenyra screams in the background.

There was no time for this, "The ravens, Lord Bartimos." Daemon asks

The older man nods. "I shall see it done." He answers "Summon Ser Steffon." Daemon orders "Our Kingsguard are needed on the Dragonmont." He states

As Daemon passes Aenys, pausing so their eyes meet. "Learn your place, boy." Daemon states

Aenys doesn't cow away from his gaze. "And what of yours? Your place belongs at the side of your future Queen. Her words are now law and you are nothing more than a Consort. Don't forget yourself father." Aenys sneers

The room turned ice cold as father and son stared into each other's eyes.

Daemon stays silent as he breaks his gaze and marches out of the room, his white hair swaying behind him.

Jacerys stares wide-eyed. "What the fuck." Jacerys breathes, his brother nodding, just as dumbfounded. "I think my balls just shriveled up and died inside of me." Luke breathes.