I.

THE HALLS FILLED with eager students, ready to head to their lunch period. it was october 30th, 2003. one day until halloween. halloween had fallen on a friday that year, what better timing right? everyone was eager to go to parties, some dreading having to hand out candy or take their little siblings trick or treating. others talked heavily on who would have the sluttiest outfit at the parties being thrown.

those sorts of topics disgusted amaris thayer. amaris, or mars, had her own swarm of rumors thrown around her that year, mostly on topics of hook ups, but they'd all been awfully wrong. she tried to ignore the comments, especially the nasty notes placed in her lockers. she had only kissed one person ever, benny warner. he was a senior the previous year, so one year older than she. he ended up moving to a different state for college that year. benny was an attractive person, though he tended to hook up with multiple people at once, poor amaris never knew that. once their little secret hook up became news during that current year, hell broke loose on her end.

her piece of advice: don't hook up with someone who's a man whore. you'll end up being called a slut and accused of doing the same shit.

amaris exited her advanced placement government class, her least favorite of them all, thank god she didn't have it as her final period, she'd probably go insane if she did have it then.

the past few weeks had felt off to amaris, she felt like something was simply wrong. not that anything bad had really happened to her, though around her in the town, things were getting brutal. a few missing posters had gone up, one person deceased. she tried not to worry too much about it all, but sometimes her mind spiraled and she imagined all the possibilities that could happen.

"mars! mars!" exclaimed jada morris, her best friends sister, snapping her out of her thoughts as she headed towards the cafeteria. "mars, dude, i'm throwing a big party tomorrow night. you better be there." she said with a wide smile handing the shorter pink haired girl a hot pink flyer. she simply nodded and took it with a small smile.

parties weren't something that amaris attended. rule number one in her parents books, especially on a halloween was to never go to a party. they were always scared someone would hurt her and they absolutely didn't want their only child to get shit faced plastered at party at 17. it was her senior year though, she should bend the rules a little shouldn't she?

she headed straight for the cafeteria as she had been in deep need of coffee and a bag of chips. she took out her small wallet from her bookbag, putting coins into the machine, pressing A3, which was where the lays chips were. once it fell, she leaned down a little, putting her hand inside to grab them out. turning around, there stood danielle morris. "shit! you scared me, you ass!" she huffed, shoving her bag of chips into her bag.

danielle laughed, walking up to the vending machine to get a few snacks of her own. "sorry! i'm light on my feet, you know that. it's like i'm a ninja or something." she smiled, grabbing her snacks from the vending machine once they'd fallen out. "you coming to the party tomorrow night? everyone's going to be there, i've heard lots of talk that all of the football players will be there." she excitedly told her best friend.

amaris couldn't give two flying fucks about any jocks.

"oh that's cool. i don't know, i'll think about it. there's no way my parents are gonna let me go." amaris sighed as she walked over to the coffee machine, buying herself a cup so it would pour coffee into it. there were so many possibilities that could happen at a party it overwhelmed her a bit, maybe it was her parents words just scaring her to go to one, maybe it was because they seemed genuinely overwhelming, maybe both. she wasn't too sure.

"come on! i can't be at a party without my literal best friend!" the dirty blonde groaned, leaning against the wall beside the coffee machine. amaris knew that danielle could most certainly survive without her, but she couldn't say that she knew. she thought that would've been rude. danielle was a social butterfly unlike amaris, they were complete opposites but they got along very well with one another. while amaris could be a social butterfly, she rather enjoyed just sticking to herself around school, the people she went to school with. it seemed like she had it a little better when it came to getting through high school with people surrounding her.

"yeah i'll definitely think about it okay?" she said with a smile. she would think about it, she always kept her word when it came to her friends especially her best friend. "i gotta go talk to erickson about getting an extension for the project in science. i'll catch you around though." she offered a smile to her friend before grabbing her coffee and heading to their science teachers class room. she knew she'd get the extension, she just needed a few days.

a few days. right.

chapter 1 is here!!! i hope you guys enjoyed it :') i'm so excited to release more content! i'm going to be working a lot ahead on chapters! the next chapter should be out in a day or two (5/17 or 5/18)

new chapters after chapter 2 will release next monday & wednesday! (5/22 and 5/24)