Chapter 1: Prologue

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

(Y/n) paced back and forth in the Captain's Cabin of the ship she and Jack managed to commander. Lately, she hadn't been feeling well. She was tired more often, and she felt nauseous almost constantly, having vomited over the sides of the ship twice so far.

At first, (Y/n) thought it might have just been seasickness, but she immediately dismissed that theory, knowing she's been living on the sea for years now and has always been fine.

Her next theory was that she just had a cold, and it would pass after a few days. But it had been over a month now, and she still wasn't feeling much better, which had made her a bit nervous.

For the past few days, she actually thought she might be dying, since this cold wasn't going away. But as the month passed, (Y/n) noticed that while this 'cold' came, a certain...event didn't.

Which lead to her third theory of why she was feeling so sick lately...Pregnancy.

And while Jack was off pilfering and plundering with Gibbs, (Y/n) snuck into the nearby town in disguise, and went to see a doctor, who then confirmed her suspicions.

She was pregnant.

Now, (Y/n) was pacing back and forth on the ship, a complete bundle of nerves. Of course, she was thrilled when she found out she was going to have a baby, but she was nervous about how Jack was going to react.

They had never really talked about having children before. And whenever they did, Jack would usually say, "Maybe someday love, but not right now." And that was that.

Now, (Y/n) was questioning if Jack would even want this baby. A baby was a big responsibility and Jack isn't exactly the responsible type. What if he wasn't excited when he found out? What if he stopped loving her? What if he abandoned her?

She tried to shake those thoughts out of her head and tell herself that she was just overreacting. Jack wouldn't do that. He loved her. She knew he did. And he would love their child too.

(Y/n) was snapped out of her thoughts when the door to the Captain's Cabin burst open and Jack came striding in, spotting her immediately.

"Hello darling. Feeling any better?" He asked, walking over to her, and cupping her face in his hands.

"Well, kind of. Um...I did get to see a doctor in the town though. He found out what's wrong with me." She replied nervously.

Jack looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to continue.

"Uh...maybe we should sit down." (Y/n) suggested.

She lead him over to the bed and they both sat down next to each other as (Y/n) took Jack's hands in hers.

She took a deep breath, and spoke. "I've been trying to think of the best way to tell you the news, and I haven't found one yet so I'm just going to come out and say it. Jack...I'm—."

"I know." He cut in.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened and she blinked a couple times in surprise. "Y-You...You do?"

Jack nodded, his expression blank. "You're dying, aren't you." He guessed.

(Y/n) quickly opened her mouth to tell him that he was wrong, but he frantically waved his arms in front of her face to silence her.