2.9 Everess Prison

Everess Prison is an underground facility with an undisclosed location. It lacks windows to let in natural light but boosts advanced technology. Prisoners are completely powerless as the entire facility has the ability to shut off any form of sorcery. The guards wear a bracelet gadget to enable their powers.

There is a cell with three people inside. All of them are chained to the wall despite being plain bunk beds next to them. White and dark blue painted walls and fluorescent lights may give color, but they still feel boring.

Amnestu (19), Tero (26), and Ichima. Amnestu and Tero now look older but underweight from the lack of nutrition. The two siblings are away with the mother still sleeping.

AMNESTU 

I'm hungry...

TERO 

Do you always have to whine every two minutes for food?

AMNESTU 

When will we eat?

TERO 

I don't know. You always ask that question. What do you expect? Do you expect food will magically appear just when you ask?

Admiral Graze enters the cell door. Amnestu expresses fear while Tero gulps his own down.

TERO (CONT'D) 

What do you want?

AMNESTU (speaking fast)

 I'm sorry! We are not doing anything! Please, don't hurt us!

Admiral Graze looks at Ichima.

ADMIRAL GRAZE

 Has she awaken at all?

AMNESTU

 N-No! She has been like this thanks to Cilitu!

[Beat.]

Amnestu looks more panicked. Tero glares at her.

TERO 

Amnestu! Please excuse her she is delir-

ADMIRAL GRAZE 

The Queen of Everess herself can't hear us down here.

TERO 

What do you need her for? For Cilitu's request or execution?

ADMIRAL GRAZE

 Neither. I was asking if she was awake.

[Beat.]

ADMIRAL GRAZE (CONT'D) 

Or alive.

Admiral Graze walks to Ichima. He checks her pulse and breathing. Her pulse is fast but weak. Her breaths are steady.

ADMIRAL GRAZE (CONT'D)

She is still in a coma for sixteen years.

He stands up.

ADMIRAL GRAZE (CONT'D)

 Usually, people die or wake up before sleeping for this long.

He looks at the two siblings. He starts to walk out of the cell.

TERO 

What are you going to do with us?!

The admiral stops and looks at Tero.

ADMIRAL GRAZE

 I won't do anything to you.

Tero becomes irritated.

TERO 

What about our sister?! She's a killer! What the hell has she been doing for years? Killing more people, and you are following her as if she is a leader?

Amnestu looks freaked out by her brother's outburst. The Admiral doesn't say anything.

TERO (CONT'D)

 Answer us! We are the House of Hell-

ADMIRAL GRAZE 

Not anymore, sadly.

TERO

 If Cilitu can ravage the whole of Everess, just imagine what we will do to you.

AMNESTU 

Brother, stop! You are going to get us in trouble!

TERO 

We are already chained up, Amnest. What are they goin' to do? Torture us? This is already torture, sitting in this position for sixteen years!

AMNESTU 

But we won't get more fo-

TERO

 There are worse methods than starvation!

ADMIRAL GRAZE 

I pity you. You can't do anything. You were bestowed with the luxury of being royal-blooded. It's off here, lower than the mortals on Earth, yet they are so above you. After many years in this cell, you are reduced to a weakened incarnation, fevering for survival and the awakening of your mother.

TERO 

What? What are you speaking of?

[Beat.]

AMNESTU 

...What if it was you or your family trapped in here? Will you be reduced to us because your family's survival was dying?... Our dad was killed, and so were Taimon and Cyphas. We lost our baby sister, and we might lose our mother...

[A long pause.]

Admiral Graze goes past the cell door. He looks at the siblings one last time.

ADMIRAL GRAZE 

Like I said, I pity you. You better hope your mother wakes up soon. It's your best bet.

The cell door slams shut.

FADE TO BLACK.