Thirty.

But how could I possibly shoot him?

I was a coward and I always will be.

I couldn't possibly murder someone.

"Ivory, what exactly are you waiting for?!" Ares yelled from the side of the dark room dampened with blood.

A FEW HOURS EARLIER

Then suddenly a phrase that I was yearning to hear for what felt like forever was said,
"Yes... I'll come." Mateo said.

As a smile formed on my face,
"Come on then." I whispered over to Mateo quietly.

He corrected his posture, ready to stand. I stood up first, holding out my hand to help him up.

Mateo reached out for my hand, his fingertips still shaking, arching his back and squirming in pain as he stood up.

All I could do was close my eyes tightly for a second and take a deep breath.

Only if I hadn't fucking left...

"Can I?" I asked, positioning my hand behind his back without touching him.

He nodded slightly as I placed my hand on his back causing him to flinch, making me bite my lips in regret.

The only reason this happened to him was because of me.

I guided him through the room as he struggled to walk, back to the door we had entered earlier.

Suddenly, just before we could enter the elevator, Ares showed up behind the two of us,
"There's a place we are going to visit together first, then I'll be sending you guys back to Korea." Ares explained with an emotionless expression, very obviously suppressing his real feelings.  

Everyone stayed silent.

The quietness was getting stuffy, but what was there anything to even say?

We exited the elevator to the stairs at the entrance of the building.

Mateo could barely stand, there was no way he could make it down these stairs without tumbling down to the bottom.

I looked back to help him down, only to come across a sight I never thought I would see.

Ares had Mateo in his arms.

He picked him up...?

My brain couldn't process anything anymore, at this point I was having a malfunction.

Nothing added up.

I took a deep breath, turned back around, and headed to the car, ignoring my many thoughts.

After a terribly long drive, we had finally arrived at an old building in the middle of absolutely nowhere,
"And where exactly is this meant to be?" I asked Ares in confusion as I got out of the car.
"You'll see." He replied, joining me outside while tilting his head to either side, cracking his neck.

I turn to check on Mateo, only to see him in a terrified state.

"What's wrong?" I ask Mateo softly.
"I, I..." He stuttered quietly, not being able to finish his sentence as he clenched his hands into a fist, slightly shaking.

I looked over to Ares who wasn't surprised by the sight in front of him.

Just where were we?

Ares sighed then suddenly walked over to the frightened Mateo and grabbed his hand,
"Come on." He said bluntly as he dragged Mateo with him to the entrance.