19. Jealousy

Maria

I pressed a slow kiss to Hakeem's lips as I quietly got off of his dick. He looked at me in confusion and I half smiled as I got out of the bed and started to dress myself.

"Yo mama, where you goin?"

I looked at Hakeem for a few seconds before pursing my lips and sliding my skirt back onto my waist.

"Hakeem you know I can't stay here." I searched around for my bra and pulled it on once I found it underneath Hakeem's robin jeans.

"What you mean ? You only been here for a couple minutes !" Hakeem angrily yelled at me and I just shrugged as I pulled on my shirt and jean jacket along with my sandals. I only came on to Hakeem because me and Kaden were arguing and I needed some money. If he knew we was screwing around again, I'm certain he would kill me.

"Hakeem I got shit I got to do I can't st-" "- Nawh, I see what's going on," Hakeem chuckled and sat up on the bed, staring at me as I grabbed my purse. He licked his lips before finishing his sentence.

"You scared because of that weak ass nigga you with, yo brother Kaden. You sneaking with me gone make him tick huh?"

I looked away from Hakeem and chose not to answer. I instead held my hand out and waited for Hakeem to drop the 2 grand in my palm. I was starting to get impatient, and if Kaden made it back to my apartment before I did..

"Funny thing is-" Hakeem pulled on his clothes quicker than I did, and smiled once he pulled me into his arms forcefully. "You thought you were using me, but I been using you."

He pulled out a knife from his pocket and traced my cheek with the blunt side, making me cringe in fear and anticipation. What could Hakeem even be using me for besides the sex ?

"Hakeem we both used each other! I used you for money and you used me for sex!" I yelled, and held my breath as Hakeem got deadly quiet. His grip tightened and he turned the blade to the sharpened side, slightly cutting the skin on my cheek.

"Here baby, let me tell you a secret." I kept my mouth closed and blinked my eyes as tears started to spill. I was afraid and fear started to creep into various parts of my body.

"I knew from the beginning that you were fucking your own brother. I knew the situation yall was in, so I figured if I fucked you.."

His hands fell around my waist and the blade he had fell, forgotten on the floor.

"You'd betray Kaden, and I wouldn't have some little nigga who just started the drug business trying to take me out."

I swallowed my spit nervously as my brain racked, trying to find out who had leaked all this information to Hakeem. It had to be somebody who knew me and Kaden, along with our situation..

I hadn't told anyone about me and Kaden besides Imani..but why could she want Kaden dead ?

"But the plan went a little off track. You see, I fell in love with you."

"Hakeem who you got snaking around that's against Kaden?" My fear left me, and I turned in Hakeem's arms to face him.

"I can't tell you that Ma-"

"No you're going to tell me. If anything happens to Kad-"

"See there you go ! It's always about fucking Kaden !" Hakeem scowled and inched away from me, making me release a breath I wasn't aware that I had been holding.

"If you loved that nigga so much, fuck you keep fucking me for ? You know money wouldn't have been an issue with the money he bringing in !"

I sighed and walked over to Hakeem, cautiously cradling his cheek in my palm.

"Keem..I fell in love with you at first. But I realized that it was just sex, what relationship could we build off of that !" He frowns and hugs me tight, making me almost wish I could hug him back.

"I wanted you first, man it was a front. I've always watched you, always wanted you from the start. And that lame ass nigga get you just cause he your brother ? But I guess freaky bitches like you wouldn't have a problem with incest."

I slapped Hakeem across his face and he looked at me in mild surprise before grabbing the gun from underneath his waistband. The cold barrel made contact with my temple and my breathing spiked as I started to sweat. I went to far.

"We're going to Mexico. You ever try to escape from me I'll kill you and your nigga. You belong with me, and I guess I'll have to force you to see it."

Tears started to stream again as Hakeem pistol whipped me across my face, making it feel as if one side of my mouth had numbed. I felt the bruise start to raise and I knew my light skin was turning purple.

"Are you this obsessed with me Hakeem?"

He smiles and wipes some of my hair behind my ears, pressing a kiss to my bruised cheek.

"Jealousy makes you do some things."

Suddenly, he roughly grabbed my hair and pulled me out of his room. I cried out in pain as I tried to dislodge his hands.

"H-Hakeem why are you doing this !"

"I told you Maria. I wanted you first. I was jealous of who had you. But you're all mine now and you can't ever get away from me."

He pushed me outside and forced me into an unmarked car he used to make drops. At this point, I couldn't stop crying even if I wanted to. I only quieted down when Hakeem pressed the barrel of his gun to my temple.

"Drugs, dirty sex, love, money, it's all apart of the game baby."

And I knew that now that I was in it, I would NEVER get out.