Chapter 29: The Battle Triggered By a Dog

An Immortal—who was sitting on a calabash above the barrier enveloping the battleground—witnessed An Lin's battle in its entirety.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Just as I thought, the kids who have a True God's letter of recommendation are all special. If I'm correct, An Lin has only been cultivating for four months. How frightening..."

The elder shook his head and lightly stroked his white beard. He held a calligraphy brush in his right hand and he waved it in the air as he recorded some data.

The black strokes suspended in the air and they formed into numerous words.

An Lin's data was amongst them, and it changed once again.

An Lin—Combat Capability: 180; Achievement Score: 190

Generally speaking, students of the Tenth Stage Dao Body would have a combat capability score of around 200.

The fact that An Lin's combat capability reached 180 indicated that the elder already viewed his strength as close to that of Tenth Stage Dao Body.

.....

Remaining uninjured whilst defeating the Ninth Stage Dao Body ranked Wei Ji was ample proof of An Lin's strength.

Moreover, there was a trace of aura contained in his Mountain Quaking Fist which conformed with the Great Dao. The elder marveled at this, and it helped to boost An Lin's combat capability score.

An Lin continued with his hunt. He was feeling much more confident after his battle with Wei Ji. At the very least, he wouldn't need to be afraid when he met enemies of the Ninth Stage Dao Body anymore, and he would be able to rush at them fearlessly.

Just like that, night gradually descended.

It had been a smooth sailing day for An Lin. After a period of using guerrilla tactics and finishing off critically injured victims, he had successfully defeated another six opponents of the Ninth Stage Dao Body. He was now only two people off from completing his mission of defeating ten enemies ranked higher than him.

He mulled over whether or not he should continue hunting into the night and whether he should strive to rank up to the Ninth Stage Dao Body as quickly as possible.

As the free-for-all battle transitioned into its final half, students below the rank of Eighth Stage Dao Body had generally all been eliminated. The remaining students were all extremely powerful prodigies.

If he couldn't rank up quickly enough, then there was a possibility that he would soon be unable to defeat a single enemy...

After roasting a marmot using a simple fire-control spell, An Lin quickly gulped it down. He then started to meditate and regulate his condition.

Night-time in the Forest of One-Thousand Peaks was tranquil and quiet. Thus, if a fight became heated, the sounds of battle would travel far and wide and the flashes of the immortal spells would appear especially prominent against the night sky.

When that occurred, numerous students would be attracted to the battleground and a spectacular chain of battles would thus ensue.

Before he knew it, an hour had passed...

Boom!

A loud blast suddenly sounded not far from where An Lin was meditating.

In the darkness of the night, the flames were akin to the brightest of beacons announcing the whereabouts of this new battle.

An Lin opened his eyes and excitement washed over his face.

He had almost recovered all the energy that he had expended today, and now was the time to get moving!