THE CLOSURE

BREAKING NEWS-
'Versatile actress Adriti Sharma found dead in her own flat in Bandra by the housemaid. The death is being primarily assumed as suicide, but further investigation will lead to a proper conclusion.'
The noise of the police van sirens could be heard by the crowd of reporters from a distance, raging over the heavy pouring of rain. Red and blue lights were flashing all over when inspector Raghavan stepped out from the front seat of a police SUV. Without wasting a second, inspector Raghavan ordered the constables to clear the crowd from the entrance for the police to enter the building.
The building was dull and quiet. The only noises that could be heard were of the boots of the officers and the chattering of the crowd near the building accompanied by the continuous sound of rain. There was an electricity cut in the whole of Bandra because of the cyclone which was predicted to be hitting the coasts of Mumbai any time soon. The police took the stairs as the forensic team left the building with the body.
Inspector Roy reached flat number 3058 on the 19th floor along with the team exaggeratedly complaining about climbing up 19 floors. Reaching there, he enquired sub inspector Faizal
" Faizal, how's the work going ? Any new update on the previous information ?"
SI Faizal answered with a no and instead called Sanju. Sanju was Adriti's house help.
"She is the one who reported the death to the police." Faizal informed.
Sanju started speaking in a fragile tone,
"Saheb, I didn't do anything, please let me go."
"Don't worry Sanjubai, we will let you go and do nothing to you, only if you answer all the questions asked by sir." SI Faizal said, looking at his note pad and then at Inspector Roy when he finished jotting down the points.
"So, Sanju, from when have you started working here and what are your daily timing and work here ?" Asked Inspector Roy.
" Saheb, I work here for 5 years now, I do all the jharu-pocha, bartan and make didi's daily meals. I reach here normally by 07:00 and finish my work by 10:00. Didi has also given me a pair of keys to the apartment, so that if she's sleeping or at shooting I don't have to wait here like a dummy. And if any day didi needs me to skip the work, she generally calls me the night before.
So, saheb it was a general day for me and I reached here by 06:50 and knocked once, but I got no response from inside so I just used my keys to open the flat. And opening it I saw-",
Her voice trembled.
"I saw didi lying on the sofa with her wrists slit open with the kitchen knife. As soon as I saw it I informed the police. And then sir came."
SI Faizal noted the points keenly. Soon after, a constable came in and informed that there was cash and some jewelry present in the locker which seemed to be untouched.
It was concluded that it was not a case of break in, cause there were a lot of expensive items all around the house and no traces of any theft was found. Inspector Raghavan instructed Sanju to go back home as there was a storm prone weather outside, she was also told not to leave the city at all causes as she will be called for further investigation.
After Sanju left the flat, the police sealed it and went off to the station with whatever evidence they could find.
It was the afternoon, when the cyclone had hit the coasts of Mumbai. It was a devastating one. A lot of coastal residents were affected severely. Many lost their lives and many more got injured and couldn't reach the hospital in such a disastrous situation. But sadly, the media was least bothered. They were not yet done with the life lost of a well known actress in her will, that they could possibly show about the lives lost by many more. All that the media needs is some spicy news to get a grip on the audience and increase the TRP, life loss of common people is just a number for them, to show at a mere corner.