THE PLAN

15 days ago~

Adriti was sitting at a table in a beach facing cafe near the marine drive. The sun was setting at the sea horizon leaving a reddish hue on the orange sky. It was really hot but Adriti could still feel soft cold fractions of breeze on her face comming straight from the sea. It was comforting for Adriti, but at the same time heartbreaking too.
By the time only 4 cigarettes were left in the recently opened packet, a woman apeard to be walking towards Adriti's table.
She was nearly as tall as Adriti but, for some unknown reasons she was appearing to be quite short. She had a black mask and a cap which was covering nearly her whole face. It was making her look really mysterious and unrecognizable. She was dressed all in black and had her spects in her hand, maybe for the purpose of cleaning it.
Adriti was recognizing all these when the woman approached the table, put on her spects, set her purse at a corner of the table and held her hand straight towards Adriti. Her hand was pale, and Adriti stared at it more than a second. Watching her observe the hand, the woman took off her mask and started speaking.
"It's just iron deficiency, so says the doctor."
Adriti nodded a little bit and asked the woman to acquire the seat opposite to the one she herself had acquired. She held out her hand and the woman reached it and gave it a light shake.
"Mrs Adriti Sharma, nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too Mrs Sharma, you called me on Wednesday and arranged the meeting."
Said the woman.
"Yeah, I was waiting for you."
"Oh, I'm so sorry you know, the traffic is just...."
She gave a irritated grin. She continued,
"Let's just leave it, we're already going late"
"Yeah sure"
The woman searched her purse and brought out a bunch of documents and set them on the table.
"These are the documents you have to sign."
The woman said. Adriti picked up the documents had started giving a look to them when the woman brought out a notepad from her purse started speaking again.
"So, where did you get my number from? Jimmy I guess ?"
"Yeah"
Adriti said, still scrutinizing the documents.
"So, why do you wanna die ?"
The stranger asked.
"A lot of reasons"
Adriti said with a sigh and started signing.
"My husband died 3 years ago. I assume you know, actor Neeraj Kumar Sharma. I loved him more than my life, but he cheated on me before his death and left half his fortune to the 21 year old struggling new actress."
She continued.
"Before that, I had gone through a miscarriage. I wanted to be a mother, but couldn't be. I was even called 'witch' by my in laws, but I still didn't mind. But recently, I got diagnosed with thyroid cancer and I cannot take it anymore. I've no one to look after me and I don't want to look that devasting before my well wishers anyway. I cannot bear the pain of those chemo treatments and I'm ready to be better off dead."
She wiped the single tear rolling down her cheek and continued looking at the papers.
"Ok, now this says I can do either, spend the rest 15 days with you or stay alone. I choose to stay alone."
"Ok, noted."
The woman said, writing in her notepad. Suddenly Adriti looked up at the woman and asked,
"You didn't tell me your name, what should I call you ?"
"I don't have a name. You can call me anything you like."
"What! How can someone not have a name ?"
Asked Adriti.
"Well, I really don't. But you can give me any name you feel like."
"Okay...then...."
Adriti replied confusedly.
"And what about your payment ?"
"Oh, you need to pay me in cash and by selling any of your belonging cause any unknown transaction made from your bank can spark suspicion resulting in me getting tangled in the investigation."
"As you wish"
She also mentioned that she had tried to execute this once before, after her miscarriage, but wasn't successful and this time she cannot bear just an attempt. She needs to successfully suicide and ofcourse I'd help her.
"Ok, so done?"
"Yeah"
" So, here you go.....and this begins your countdown."
I said, signing the papers with a cold smile on my face.
------------------------------------------------------------

Present day~

'Actress Adriti Sharma's death has been declared to be a suicide and the cause is being assumed as her thyroid cancer. Reports have been.......'

Nimwriti switched off the TV and threw the remote on the couch and headed towards her bedroom. She went inside her bedroom, locked the door, shut the windows and turned the sound
of her speaker to full volume and started dancing.
She danced till mid night and past, untill finally she felt asleep on the floor of her own bedroom.