Chapter 14

Harry stared at the door in front of him, his hand clenching around the handle of his knife bag and breathing coming out shakily.

"H?" Louis said quietly as he saw his boyfriend frozen, "babe it's okay, you can do this."

His mind immediately told him he couldn't, that he got in way over his head and he wasn't ready to be watched by millions and judged by some of the best chefs. Not knowing which chefs were judging terrified him, some being more ruthless than others. Even thinking about what was waiting for him inside had him close to trembling.

"Hey, look at me," Louis turned Harry so he would face him, "I love you," he made sure to make their eyes meet, "and you're an amazing chef who's going to do great things. We've been practicing for months and in 20 minutes you make magic happen. What's 3 more rounds after almost 2 months every night?"

The green eyed man could feel his lungs filling with air a bit more, but he couldn't completely wash away his anxiety. 20 minutes flew by, and he's done it countless times with random ingredients, but there was a lot riding on this.

"I love you too," that's all Harry had to remind himself as he competed, the treasure of having Louis in his life, "I need to win though, I have to."

"H why do you need to? Just competing is impressive and we're all proud of you, no matter what," Louis said almost sternly, his boyfriend saying that over and over.

"You'll see," Harry said through a nervous smile, "I gotta get in there though."

The older man saw him put on his business composure, shoulders back, head held high, and eyes filled with determination, "I can't wait to hear about it after," Louis grinned back at him, "I love you, so much," he wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled him close.

Harry let out a small laugh, his boyfriend saying it over and over, but it did help, "wish me luck."

"You don't need it," the blue eyed man pecked his lips, "you're gonna do great."

He could see how much confidence Louis had in him and it only made his smile grow, "I'll see you after," Harry said before leaning down for a real kiss.

The shorter man made sure there was no room between them, and Harry was grateful for it. He had to relish the feeling of being in his boyfriend's arms while he could.

"You got this chef," Louis winked at him after he pulled away.

Harry felt his cheeks go slightly warm, connecting their lips one last time before he turned for the door.

As soon as he walked away from Louis his heart started picking its pace up, and his stomach twisted into knots. But when Harry was led to the recording studio he felt himself go still. The set that he's seen for years right in front of him, and he couldn't believe he gets to cook here, that this was really happening.

He was taken to a back room, and Harry knew he was the first contestant that showed up or the others were already in there. And with that thought his face immediately showed confidence. He wouldn't let anyone see him sweat.

"Here you are chef, we'll be starting in 45 minutes," a producer held the door open for him.

"Thank you," Harry said as he walked into the room, and immediately saw a female chef who must've been in her mid 40's.

She was the only one here so far, and as soon as she saw him Harry noticed her face go serious. But he didn't want there to be an awkward silence, that would only make his anxiety worse.

"Hi, Harry Styles," he offered her his hand as he claimed a chair at the table she was at.

"Marie Chambers," she said in a monotone voice as she shook his hand.