ACT II Part V: Yūgen

This chapter contains material of a highly sensitive nature, including:

Graphic Death; Execution; Decapitation; Extreme Violence; Mutilation of a Corpse, Child Abuse; Child Torture, and Ubayashiki being a fuckin bitch

That may be triggering for some individuals.

-

So far, the first few months living under the same roof as Koyuki and her loving father Keizo were pure delight. Life is great when you don't have to worry about anything but teaching a frail young woman some self-defense to kick some nasty individuals in the streets and tell the tale.

Well, for you at least. You got treated by the small family of two as if you're their newest addition, a big sister that looks out for Koyuki, be it either to keep some leeching neighbors away or nursing her back to health. The only problem was that Koyuki doesn't want to be separated from you no matter what.

Like a duckling who finally found its mother again, or maybe it's simply her desire to show her gratefulness. And you let her have her way for now, she truly was too dainty, too fragile, too pretty for you to reject when she pleaded with her doe eyes. It's only natural that you'd be overjoyed to have a cute girl like her as your little sister.

Hakuji is not in the slightest amused by that, while Akio thinks it's hilarious that Hakuji is jealous of a small defenseless girl.

And for Keizo, you're now the second daughter in this household which he established from week one since he generously let you and begrudgingly your companions stay with them.

Yes, after hearing the story of what happened and how you stepped in for Koyuki, he simply laughed and patted your shoulder. All the while thanking you, so yeah, you got treated like a treasure, which probably is also out of pure gratefulness for protecting his daughter, while the boys are quite literally now his unwilling students and even more unwilling errand boys.

For months, everything is actually fine and dandy.

Thanks to you three, the constant harassment Keizo had to endure to hand over his dojo finally came to a stop. You haven't even heard anything from the lowlife that you gracefully humiliated on open streets. Suspicious but it's whatever for the moment. And if any rumors were floating about, no one would ever dare approach Keizo in the first place knowing that Hakuji or Akio isn't far.

It was easy to slip into the comfort of these peaceful yet monotonous days, it was almost too peaceful, and you almost forgot about Michikatsu.

There's nothing to worry about, nothing to be prepared for. Day in, and day out it was waking up, doing house chores, and entertaining Koyuki until you get dragged away by Hakuji so that you can entertain him, then he got dragged away by Keizo and Akio. Sometimes you would join them in the Dojo, sometimes you would simply explore the area a bit more.

Weeks ago you found quite a nice spot where you can relax without fearing that anyone could disturb you peaceful moments with yourself, where you can freely let your mind wander and think. A beautiful area surrounded by trees and various flowers and while you are sitting under the shade of a tree, letting your eyes wander from flower to flower, it hits you: That was your daily life now.

And it was so goddamn boring.

Your face remains emotionless, all of the curves of your face remaining still, while your brain was starting to turn dull and lazy. You were restless and tired of being cooped up in this small town. It felt suffocating to you after so many months of peace. And as much as you enjoy being treated so precious here, well, you couldn't deny the fact that the novelty wore off quite some time ago.