The Daily Guards

Izumo POV:

I was just standing there in the entrance to Konoha, waiting for Kotetsu to come around. I think he went to go get something for the both of us to eat for lunch. I wonder what he will get us. Anyways, It was a boring day and I was getting frustrated for some reason while Kotetsu was gone, I don't know why, but every time me and Kotetsu are separated I get frustrated, sad, angry, or all three. It's kinda weird. Truth be told, I hate being separated from Kotetsu, even if it's just him getting us something to eat, I just hate it and I can't help but be sad. I truly do wonder, why do I get upset whenever we are separated? Is it because we've been friends for so long and juts got used to being by each other at all times? Or is it something more?

Kotetsu returned a few minutes later with some hanami dango for each of us. I like it when he brings us dango, its nice. But its even better when he brings daikon salad with or a thick fried egg. Those are my favorite foods!

"Welcome back." I say to Kotetsu with a smile.

"Thanks, I got us some hanami dango." He smiled back and handed me a bag with 2 things of hanami dango in it. I thanked him and took one and started eating it while keeping an eye on the gate to see if anyone would enter or exit.

Kotetsu POV:

I returned back to the gate entrance with some hanami dango for me and Izumo. I handed him a back after he said 'Welcome back.'  I smiled in return which caused his face to go somewhat red. Why did his face go red-? Eh, whatever, I'm sure it's just nothing. Right? I sat down next to Izumo then and began eating my dango and talking to Izumo about the upcoming Chūnin exams.

"I wonder if we will be helping in the upcoming Chūnin exams." I said, thinking aloud.

"Same here, although, most likely yeah." Izumo responded before taking a bite of his dango, finishing his first one.

"Wonder if we'll be able to trick them this year. I mean last year they easily got past the genjutsu." It was true, last year the Genin were easily able to get through the genjutsu me and Izumo casted.

"Mhm, let's hope we can get them this year if we do help out. And if not then we will most likely still have gate guard duty.. Heh-" Izumo sighed and rubbed his head. I sighed aswell and hoped that we wouldn't have gate guard duty this year for the Chūnin exams. Gate guard duty was torcher, just sitting at the entrance to Konoha, dying of boredom and sometimes the heat. Sometimes when the heat was high it was a pain, having to wear the shinobi jackets and long sleeved stuff, man, it can get sweaty.

After a few hours, me and Izumo were starting to get tired. Who knew sitting at the entrance of a gate for the whole day would be tiring? Well, we do. The sun was starting to set and our shift was almost over. Izumo yawned and I looked over at him.

"Getting tired?" I asked him, chuckling slightly.

He yawned again and I could feel this tingly feeling in my cheeks. Was this normal?

"Yeah, just a little bit though." Izumo replied.

"You sure it's just a little bit? Cus you seem to be yawning a quite a bit." I chuckled again and I playfully punched his shoulder. His face went red and he looked kinda mad. I chuckled AGAIN and put my hands up in a playful manner. "Okay okay-" Izumo just yawned again and rested his head on my shoulder. I was shocked at first, but then I just accepted it as a best friend thing. That is what it is, right? Right? I mean I personally don't mind if it's the other way...

Izumo POV:

I yawned.

"Getting tired?" Kotetsu asked me, chuckling a bit. I yawned again and saw Kotetsu's face getting somewhat red. Wha- Why is his face getting red?

"Yeah, just a little bit though." I replied.

"You sure it's just a little bit? Cus you seem to be yawning quite a bit." He chuckled again and playfully punched his shoulder. I felt embarrassed and felt my face get hot. I furrowed my brows and crossed my arms, then looked away, glancing back a few times. "Okay okay-" I looked back and saw he had his hands up like he was surrendering, I just sighed, uncrossed my arms and rested my head on his shoulder. Wait why I am resting my head on his shoulder? I yawned again and felt my face get hot again, but it was accompanied by this tingly feeling as well.

This is just something best friends do.. I think? I eventually fell asleep like that.

---------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE:

Wow I reached just over 800 words on my first chapter LETS GOOOOO, also I know this chapter kinda sucks but TRUST ME IT GETS BETTER!!!