That Night

No POV:

Izumo jolted up in a cold sweat, tears rolling down his face. He had just suffered from one of his reoccurring night terrors. He sniffled and looked over and didn't see Kotetsu, he started to panic, tears were still rolling down his face. He got out of bed and went to look for Kotetsu, his eyes watery, tears rolling down his face, he walked out of his room and into the kitchen where saw Kotetsu getting a glass of water. Kotetsu heard crying and turned around to see Izumo just standing there.

"Woah, Izumo you alright!?" He set his water down and rushed over to him. Once he made it over to Izumo, he hugged him immediately. "You alright? What happened?" Kotetsu asked, clearly concerned. He wasn't aware that Izumo suffered from night terrors. This one that Izumo had was especially bad.

"Night.." He sniffled. "Terror.." He hugged Kotetsu back and cried into his shoulder for a bit.

"Shhh, its okay.. I'm here." Kotetsu attempted soothing Izumo, it somewhat worked and Izumo calmed down a bit. "I'm here, alright? Just try and calm down." Kotetsu pulled away from Izumo and put his hands on his shoulders. He looked at Izumo in the eyes and used a hand to wipe a tear from his eye, he then pulled Izumo in and kissed him on lips, trying his best to comfort him. He then pulled away and pulled him back into the hug. "Let's go back to bed, ok?" Kotetsu said in a hushed, calm voice.

Kotetsu pulled away from the hug and grabbed Izumo's hand. Izumo nodded slightly and the two of them walked back to Izumo's room. Once they were back in Izumo's room, they laid down and cuddled up next to each other. Rin, the cat jumped up on the bed and laid down right by Izumo's head. Izumo cuddled up close to Kotetsu and Kotetsu kept him close by having his arms wrapped around him.

They stayed like that until Izumo eventually fell asleep. Kotetsu kissed his forehead and closed his eyes. He was still worried about Izumo, he didn't know that he suffered from night terrors and he wondered why Izumo never told him. They've known each other since the academy. So many questions filled his head. Why didn't Izumo ever tell me he had night terrors? How long has he suffered from them? Kotetsu opened his eyes and sighed. He then whispered:

"I love you Izumo, and I worry about you."

After around 10 minutes after he whispered that, he fell asleep as well.

~In the Morning~

Kotetsu woke up and sat up to stretch. He then looked at Izumo next to him and smiled, he was sound asleep. He got off the bed and went to go make breakfast, he loved doing stuff for Izumo. For a moment he thought of maybe taking him out to eat somewhere, maybe he should just wait until he woke up to ask if he wanted to go out and eat. Maybe with Kakashi and Yamato if they wanted to tag along.

~10 minutes later~

Izumo woke up and walked out of his room, rubbing his eyes Rin followed him, brushing against his legs. He walked up to the couch and sat next to Kotetsu. Rin also jumped up and snuggled down on his lap.

"Morning sleepy head."

Kotetsu said as he smiled at Izumo. Izumo looked at Kotetsu after yawning.

"Morning.."

Kotetsu chuckled slightly.

"How about you go get ready? I was hoping we could go out to breakfast together with Kakashi and Yamato."

Kotetsu continued his smile. Izumo nodded and stood up and went to get his Shinobi outfit on. Kotetsu had already gotten his on. (During the ten minutes). Once Izumo was done, he walked out and finished tying his head band on. He then walked over to Kotetsu, Kotetsu smiled brightly at him and stood up.

"Ready?"

"Yep!"

The 2 of them walked out of Izumo's apartment. Kotetsu grabbed Izumo's hand and began walking in the general direction where a small tea shop was located. Once thet arrived, they immediately saw Kakashi and Yamato waiting for a table, they walked over to them and said their greetings.

"Hello hello, Izumo, Kotetsu."

Kakashi smiled behind his mask and Yamato had a hand on his shoulder.

"Good morning, Kakashi and Yamato, how are you?"

Izumo said, smiling. Still, he was holding Kotetsu's hand. Yamato noticed and chuckled slightly. He then whispered something into Kakashi's ear that seemed like it didn't surprise him whatsoever.

"I'm good, and I can see you two are good as well?"

Yamato looked down at the both of them holding hands and smirked. Izumo and Kotetsu immediately realized and let go of each others hands and blushed. Kotetsu then chuckled a bit.

"Lets just say some things happened over the weekend."

Kotetsu ended up saying after he chuckled.

"Oh?"

Kakashi said.

"NO! NOT LIKE THAT!"

Kotetsu replied, yelling. He then sighed and put an arm around a very red blushing mess, Izumo.

"Let's just get a table-"

Yamato said. Izumo, Kakashi and Kotetsu nodded. They then walked up to the front area and asked for a table for 4, the person there grabbed 4 menus and led them to an open table with 4 seats. Yamato and Kakashi sat together, and Izumo and Kotetsu sat together.

Izumo rested his head on Kotetsu's shoulder, he still seemed tired.