Chapter Two

All I have been doing the whole week is nothing. I've only gone out once and that was when Aunt Martha took me shopping for clothes and school supplies. On the bright side, though, I've managed to learn my way around the house as well as all the names of the staff. There are:

· Gretta the cook

· Martin the butler

· Sanje the other butler (but I rarely see him)

· Bob the gatekeeper

· And lastly, Carla the grounds keeper

They were all pretty cool but I liked Sanje the best. I rarely get to see him because this is a side job for him. He attends the community college here in Ventura (whatever that may be) and needed the extra cash. He is really hot and super cool as I like to put it simply and I hate the fact that he has seen me right after I woke up because THAT is a nightmare....

Anyways, the past week has been a bore and Porter had training camp for his surf team so he was never here. Since that finishes today, though, Porter is taking me to dinner and showing me around town.

Which brings me to me dilemma.

I'm standing at my closet wondering what to wear at the moment and wishing I didn't have the fashion sense of a squirrel.

Finally, I decide on a floral dress with light brown wedges and a long purse that matches my shoes.

Running into the bathroom, I run a brush through my long hair and apply a small amount of make up.

When I finally finished I looked myself up and down, making sure I didn't forget something.

Just then a knock sounded at my door.

"Hey." Porter poked his head in. "Ready to go?" he asked.

"Yup." I said and grabbed my phone and wallet.

We walked down the stairs and to the driveway where we got into his silver Camry.

Porter looked nice. He was wearing a blue button up shirt and kaki shorts with sperris. His blonde hair was wet, making it obvious that he had just showered.

Porter pulled out of the driveway and onto the street as I fidgeted with the radio.

"So." He started and pulled me out of my radio trance. "Is this your first time out of the house?" he looked at me with a grin because he already knew the answer.

"Shut up. Okay? I don't have any friends yet and you were gone all week." I huffed and crossed my arms giving him a raised eyebrow.

"Okay! Okay! I know. I was just playing." He raised a hand in surrender.

I laughed and went back to changing the radio stations and finally settled on one of the many pop stations.

About 5 minutes later, we pulled into the parking lot of a diner with a sign that read Mike's Diner. Next to the diner was a Starbucks that I should make reference of for the future.

"Here we are." Porter said as he parked and pulled the keys out of the ignition.

We got out and walked into the diner where we were seated immediately.

"Hey there Porter!" A small fellow said as he walked or more like waddled over to our table.

"Oh! Mike! Just the man I wanted to see!" Porter stood up from his chair and gave him one of those weird bro shakes.