Chapter Four

The next morning, I felt like I had been hit by a ton of bricks. I don't think I have ever been up this early twice in a row. School back in Big Sky started at nine, which was a blessing compared to an excruciatingly early seven thirty here.

     Even through my pain, I dragged myself out of bed and opened the doors to my closet. I blindly pulled out an outfit and put it on. All I could do was hope that it at least somewhat matched. I put my hair into a ponytail, put on my make up, and trudged down the stairs. It was going to suck having to do this all year.

     I padded into the kitchen to see Porter wasn't in there like he was yesterday. Almost on cue, I hear the front door open and Porter walk through drenched in sweat.

     I scoffed. "Where have you been." I asked and turned back into the kitchen.

     "Uh... I was..." he was out of breath and it looked like he was searching for the right words. "...Training." He finally finished and poured himself a glass of water.

     "Oookayy." I dragged out the word and looked at him funny.

     It was a little too early, though, and I decided that it didn't really matter what he was or was not going to say.

     I looked to the stove to see a stack pancakes sitting on top for me. I grabbed them and shoved a whole pancake in my mouth before sitting down at the counter. I then proceeded to shovel them into my mouth with out syrup.

     Porter looked at me like I was a rabid animal and then turned to, what I was assuming or more like hoping, take a shower.

     I finished my breakfast, grabbed my backpack, and hopped into my car, deciding to make a trip to Starbucks before school started.

     Pulling into the familiar parking lot, I found a spot and turned off my car. I made sure to look both ways before walking across the lot and into the sweet smelling coffee shop.

     It was a small Starbucks, the smallest I'd ever seen. All of the pastries sat in a tiny case and there was only one coffee machine.

     I was one of the only ones in there so it wasn't surprising that there was no line.

     "I'll have a tall Caramel Macchiato please." I said stepping up to the counter and pulling my money out of my wallet.

     "Okay and can I have a name for your order?" The rather small man asked me from behind the counter.

     "Revie." I answered and handed him a ten dollar bill.

     "Alright Revie your order will be done shortly." He said as he handed me my change.

     "Thanks." I chimed and went to wait by the counter.

     Just then, a girl about my age walked into the small cafe. Looking her over, I decided that she might as well have her own theme song she was so hot. Her long blonde hair was as voluminous as a Victoria's Secret models and it perfectly complimented her baby blue eyes. Not to mention her body could be on the front cover of vogue with all of those curves.

    I felt like a tortoise wearing a trash bag in the same room as her but I stood tall and maintained my composure as she went and ordered her coffee.

     When she was done, she turned and her eyes landed on me. Her perfect eyebrows furrowed then and she came walking towards me.

     "I don't think we met." She said and put her sunglasses on top of her head.