Chapter 1

The journey to the place where Final Selection was to take place was a long one. I thought I'd never be able to get there. When I got there, I noticed all the Wisteria. 'aren't these out of season right now?' I thought to myself. I followed the path and went up the stairs and noticed all the people. A girl with a side ponytail with a butterfly fastened into it, a blond boy who looked like he didn't want to be here, a boy who looked angry at something, and a burgundy haired boy with a fox mask on his head. "Good evening." two voices rang out. I turned my head and saw a set of twins, one with white hair and one with black hair. "Tonight, you've come here to enter the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection." They said, "thank you all for being here." I completely turned their way so I could pay attention.

 "Here on Mount Fujikasane, there are several demons that were captured alive by demon slayer swordsmen." The white-haired twin explained, "They're kept here for this event." "The wisteria blossoms prevent them from leaving." the black-haired twin spoke, "they bloom on this mountain year-round, and they cover everything from the base to halfway to the top." "But the wisteria ends here, so demons are bound from this point on, and they are very hungry." the white-haired twin told. "In order to complete Final Selection, you must survive for seven days beyond the wisteria's protection." the black-haired twin said. "Now your trial begins" the twins told while bowing a bit. I could feel someone's determination in the air, and it got me a bit pumped up myself. so, I started to head into the direction I needed to go.

It's now dark out so it's more dangerous now than what it was so I have to keep my guard up. I've been running for a while now, so I stopped to get a feel of my surroundings. I closed my eyes to try to sense something but all I could hear was someone cackling in the distance. I shook my head and started walking. After a while, I started hearing rustling nearby. i got my sword out ready for a demon to come out. suddenly a demon came out and lunged at my throat. "Ah?!" I said in shock as I somehow jumped out of the way. I shook off the shock and got ready to slay the demon. "Hahahaha, you seem like you're going to be tasty to eat." the demon said as he licked his lips while looking at me.

 "Well, you're not going to get the chance to." I told the demon while having a slight glare on my face. I gripped my sword tightly and took a deep breath in. "Flame Breathing First Form: Unknowing Fire!" I shouted. I swung my sword at the demon but only sliced off his hand. "How DARE YOU!" The demon yelled angerly. he started to lunge at me, but I stayed focused. "Flame Breathing Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation!" I shouted as I slashed the demon. He grabbed my sword and punched me in the stomach hard. I coughed up some blood as I was thrown back because of the force of the punch.

 I tried to get up using my sword, but the demon just kicked me away from my sword. I coughed out a bit more blood as I just laid on the ground. the demon started to come towards me then I saw someone behind the demon. I heard a quiet voice. "Flower Breathing First form: Orchid Blossoming." The person said as they stabbed, slashed, and beheaded the demon. I slowly crawled to my sword as the demon was turning into ash. before I got there, I looked up at the person who helped me. And it was the girl I saw earlier. she was starting to turn away and I called out to her. "Thanks for helping me!" I said happily, "what's your name?" The girl got out a coin and flipped it. "My name is Kanao Tsuyuri." She said and then walked away.  I managed to get up a few minutes after Kanao left.

 Four days have passed, and I haven't really seen anybody besides when Kanao saved me. I was wondering around when I saw this giant hand demon and the boy that had the fox mask was knocked out against a tree and the demon getting closer to him. Then the boy jumped up and dodged the demon's hand. "What's this he can still move?" the demon said, "that means I can have some fun!" I stopped listening after that just to watch the boy dodge and slash the demon's arms to get closer to him, but I noticed he was having a hard time, so I decided to help the boy. "HEY UGLY!" I yelled at the hand demon. He turned his head to look at me and he looked excited. "You look like you'll be an easy meal!" The hand demon said and sent hands my way, but I just glared and nodded at the boy. "Flame Breathing Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun!" I shouted as I used my sword to slash upwards on the hands.  I glared upwards at the demon as he was getting angry because his hands weren't regenerating fast enough because of my attacks.

 I just put my sword away and called out to the demon right before the boy slashed his neck. "You know you should pay attention to your surroundings." I told.  The demon's eyes widened as he realized what I meant.  Before he could react, the boy called out. "Water Breathing First Form: Water Surface Slash!" The boy called out. He decapitated the demon's head. the demons head landed near me, but I kicked it away. the boy went up to the demon's disappearing body and held his hand. "What a sad scent." The boy said to himself. he then put the demons hand up to his head. "Please god, help him." He said quietly. I could tell the boy was thinking about something, so I let him be until he looked in my direction.

 "Thank you for the help." the boy said to me while coming closer to me, "my name is Tanjiro Kamado." I gave Tanjiro a slight smile. "It was no problem." I told, "my name is Y/n." Me and Tanjiro shook hands and went our separate way. The days passed by fairly quickly because the demons were pretty weak, so I didn't really have to keep my guard up so high, but it was still up because I don't want to die. Pretty soon it'll be the end of the seven days, so I'll be able to get my own sword made. I climbed up into a tree and got ready to sleep. before I drifted off to sleep, I only had one thought in my head. 'Was that a pair of Hanafuda earrings Tanjiro was wearing?' I thought. then I drifted off to sleep.