Chapter 9

Still Harry's POV

"Harry James Potter.. I love you."

My mouth was left agape for a moment. He was waiting for an answer. Something.

I felt tears well up again. I smiled, then said something my past self never would have expected.

"I love you too, Draco Lucius Malfoy."

I jumped onto his lap and wrapped my arms around him. Joyful tears were streaming down my face.

"Oh, Harry, don't cry!" Draco must have heard my sniffles, so he pulled back a little and cupped my face in his hands.

He wiped my tears, placing kisses all over my face till I laughed.

"That's better." He planted one long kiss on my lips.

I got off his lap and sat next to him. He snaked an arm around me and pulled me close. We both sat there in silence for a few moments, smiling to ourselves.

"Harry?"

"Hm?"

"Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I would."

He chuckled, then kissed me until we were both gasping for air.

He eventually layed down and pulled me with him, wrapping his arms around my waist. I soon fell asleep.

Draco's POV

I can't believe I asked him that. Younger me would have had a heart attack. My heart might be attacking itself out of happiness. I finally had the courage to ask.

And he said yes.

After all this time of pining over him, then finally able to forget my ego and be myself.

He might finally be mine.

He's in my arms, fast asleep. But I'm wide awake. I can't sleep. I can't stop admiring how beautiful he is.

How did I get so lucky?

Only Merlin knows.

I lost myself in a world of thoughts, joyful thoughts, thoughts I never thought I would think.

Then my thoughts turned to dreams as I finally fell asleep, smiling.

(Next Morning)

"Malfoy, MALFOY!" I heard someone whisper-yell.

"What, Weasley?" I groaned

"Have you seen Harry?"

"You just woke me up. If he's not next to me I don't know where he is." I opened my eyes to see that Harry, was in fact, gone.

Strange.

He never wakes up before I do.

"Can you please help me find him? He's not in the common room, library, Great Hall, or any of his usual places!"

"Of course I will!"

I got dressed and headed to the common room where I met with Ron, Hermione, and other worried Eighth years on the couch.

"Here's the plan," Hermione began. "Ron and I are going to recheck the places we've already been, Draco, can you check classrooms?"

"Sure."

"Neville, Dean, Seamus, check outside. The courtyard, Quidditch pitch, everywhere!"

"On it!"

We had a whole search team. I can understand why everyone was so worried, because I felt just as worried, probably more than that. Things have happened to Harry in the past, and nothing is stopping anything from happening to him now.

"Send a signal to our wands if you find him! Now, GO, GO, GO!" Hermione clapped as everyone stood up and ran out. A few eighth years had been told to stay in case Harry came back.

I ran out to the nearest classroom. I was going to check all of them, despite how many there are. I thought I'd go the extra mile and check closets, too.

Nothing.

I was frantically running around checking every classroom and closet for over an hour.

Then I got it.

A signal.

From Neville.

Harry must have been found outside.

I ran out to where I saw other Eighth years running. They were headed towards the bleachers of the quidditch pitch. Once I got there, I stood there in shock once I saw him.

He was almost hidden, in his quidditch uniform, on the ground unconscious. There was blood coming out of head, his glasses shattered beside him, as he was knocked out, helpless on the ground.

"HARRY!" I ran in front of everyone and knelt beside him, carefully placing my hands under his cold body and picked him up off the ground.

"Why isn't anyone doing anything?! We need to get him to the Hospital Wing!" I yelled, snapping everyone out of their shock.

I ran past everyone, as fast as humanly possible. Harry was light, it was if I wasn't holding anything at all. I wanted to hit myself on the head for realizing that, meaning I forgot to make sure he was eating enough.

But I just kept running.

My body just moved on its own.

I didn't stop running until Harry was safe, in the hands of Madam Pomfrey.

"What happened to him this time?" She asked me as I set him down on a bed.

"I don't know, I just found him like this."

"Nothing appears to be broken, fortunately. He's been hexed, right in the head. I'll be able to help him. You should go, both of you need rest."

"Thank you, Madam. Can you get me when he gets up?"

"Of course. Now go! Visiting time is over." She smiled.

And with that, I left. In complete panic. I had no idea what had happened and exactly how much damage it caused.

Guess I'll find out.